• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFD

Nov 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    I am not up to date on the gun legislature. I keep hearing from employees where I work that I need to buy a AR15 NOW before end of year? Is there a reason for this? And should I??,Thanks

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    In short...if you dont have the money now there is nothing pending, that I'm aware of, legislation wise to cause a buying panic.

People did the same thing in 08 and he did not pass any laws in the grand scheme of things that messed with guns.

Look at the gun stocks.....look at the jobs they provide....who wants to stand on a platform to change any of that?

If you have the money sure...why not...you can get awesome prices on Colts right now..if you dont I doubt you'll miss the last chance to get an AR-15

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Look at the gun stocks.....look at the jobs they provide....who wants to stand on a platform to change any of that?

Some New York nut said the state would be better off the see it's gun makers go and instead invest in frozen yogurt.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Some New York nut said the state would be better off the see it's gun makers go and instead invest in frozen yogurt.

Some guy here just told us if we watch cable TV we are falling for mind control via the government.

It happens.

If someone posts a true threat and not "speculation" that's one thing...until then to me it's panic buying.

Fett

Feb 19, 2012
    Seriously? Republicans still control the house, no Anti-gun legislation is going to be passed. It's all people panicking for no reason. Just like in 2008.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Yes, you should buy an AR before the end of the year. There are 34 days left to shoot this year. If you do not mind missing out on those 34 days of fun, go ahead and wait.

msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    ideally a good time to buy was a year-2 years ago when parts were plenty. its only getting worse IMO

Very true. I wanted a spikes tactical ST-15 and it was hard enough to find a lower much less a fully assembled rifle. I looked forever on gun broker and finally found one. Spikes isn't even giving shipping dates anymore from what I hear because they are so inundated with orders

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    ideally a good time to buy was a year-2 years ago when parts were plenty. its only getting worse IMO

Well said. Even if Obama doesn't do anything which we know he will. People are in a buying frenzy right now and they are making parts and guns hard to get right now. Distributors and dealers are marking guns up and not budging on prices due to people still buying them.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If you're going to buy, make sure you get ammo too.

If you're not going to buy, make sure you get ammo too.

Overheard at a woman telling her bf/husband a few months ago, "You can never have too much ammo." That's a lucky man!

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Seriously? Republicans still control the house, no Anti-gun legislation is going to be passed. It's all people panicking for no reason. Just like in 2008.

In '08, that wasn't without reason.

Far left president and democratic super-majorities in the house and senate. To be honest, I'm a little surprised we didn't get another AWB; except without a sunset.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America

Here's a little history for the group...

the 1994 "Assault Weapons Ban" or Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, as it was officially known, was passed 216-214.

Voting to pass the AWB were 177 Democrats, 38 REPUBLICANS, and 1 Independent; Against were 137 Republicans and 77 Democrats.

In 2008, there was yet another attempt to bring a new version of the AWB to the floor of the house...sponsored by 5 REPUBLICANS.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr6257

So, based on history, I wouldn't think that a 231-201 majority guarantees much of anything...

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    The lower is the serialized part number of the gun. That would be ideal to buy if you can't afford the entire gun. Obama could ban the lowers since they are serialized. I don't see how he can regulate everything else since there is no other serial numbers on the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom