• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Glad to hear that airport security is so tight that he was able to walk through an entire terminal and make it to the security check with an AR. Way to go TSA

TSA is not in charge of physically securing airports. Local police are the law enforcement authority.
    have you ever been to an airport? Pretty easy to walk from the curb outside to the inside.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

Last edited:

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    From what I was reading in the comment section. This is the only article saying an ar-15 was involved. Only media was saying he had a handgun in his pocket and that's all that was used.

I read that it was an AR this morning on CNN. The article on CNN now doesn't say anything about an AR, just a Glock, but do you think that'll make a difference? Gun grabbers all over the country started pissing their pants as soon as "AR-15" hit the net. :sad20:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I want to just toss something in here. This does show yet again a large failure of our mental healthcare system to provide the medical care this guy needed. In the talks about gun rights infringement, it's not often brought up that 2/3 of gun deaths are suicides. In 2010, there were 19,392 firearm suicides but only 11,078 deaths by firearm homicide(justifiable homicides are included in that number). It's also important to know a nearly equal number of non-firearm suicides happened that year...18,972 non-firearm suicides.

I figured I'd mention this as the conversations start happening following this event.
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/deaths_2010_release.pdf

That's the angle the grabbers are taking....and Bob Costas. Mentally ill people shouldn't own guns...blah,blah, blah. The grabbers want to "protect you from yourself." Interestingly enough, Japan has a much higher suicide rate and hardly any gun deaths.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    That's the angle the grabbers are taking....and Bob Costas. Mentally ill people shouldn't own guns...blah,blah, blah. The grabbers want to "protect you from yourself." Interestingly enough, Japan has a much higher suicide rate and hardly any gun deaths.

They use swords and there are no common sense laws restricting them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just fyi the investigation is not finished of course but it is likely that the FAM did make the shot.
    from what i gather.

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

that's why I mentioned the nearly equal number of people that didn't use firearms. Talking about restricting the tool used in half of suicides isn't an inclusive policy and it doesn't address the root cause. decreasing the stigma of seeking mental healthcare, and increasing the knowledge of warning signs of suicide is an inclusive reaction that will address the root cause of these tragedies. I wrote more about it in the comments section of the article in a discussion with an old classmate that spilled over from facebook.

eyego11

Apr 28, 2013
    HOW CAN IT BE? THE AIRPORT DOESN'T ALLOW CIVILIAN GUNS AND THIS GUY WASN'T ALLOWED TO BE THERE WITH HIS WEAPON! WE SHOULD MAKE ANOTHER GUN FREE ZONE LAW SO MAYBE NEXT TIME THE LUNATIC WILL BE AFRAID OF OUR NO GUNS SIGN!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    HOW CAN IT BE? THE AIRPORT DOESN'T ALLOW CIVILIAN GUNS AND THIS GUY WASN'T ALLOWED TO BE THERE WITH HIS WEAPON! WE SHOULD MAKE ANOTHER GUN FREE ZONE LAW SO MAYBE NEXT TIME THE LUNATIC WILL BE AFRAID OF OUR NO GUNS SIGN!

Pretty sure guns might be allowed outside and in the main terminal before security in Texas. I think now in Georgia too. There are probably couple other states.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, it was not an Air Marshal who shot. It was another federal agency LEO.
    There was an AR and a pistol on his person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom