• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I almost wondered was he talking lefty democrat, or left handed?

A lefty democrat shot gun would have the plug in the barrel, not in the magazine tube, safety permenently pinned in the safe position, barrel shroud that blocked shooters line of sight.:innocent0 :D

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have a Remington 11-87 Premiere lefty and like it, but they don't make them, anymore. They can be had on Gunbroker, but cost more used than a new 11-87.

The nice thing about the lefty 11-87 (or at least mine) is that it is actually cast on for a lefty. Buying a new gun, the best you can hope for is that it is cast neutral.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    My grandfather (RIP) used a 1920's Remington Model 11 from the 40's until the 1980's, and he was a lefty. They only reason he stopped using it was because he thought it was "too heavy" and picked up an Ithaca 37. I'm a righty and love both weapons. IMO, the Ithaca is an underrated gun. I just saw a nice one for $350 (long barrel), and a decent shape mid-70's model fro $275. I also second the Browning BPS. It's almost like an improved Ithaca (dual action bars, tang safety), but will run at least $550 new for a plain-jane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom