• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Dumb Newb question, how far do these lasers reach out so you can see it on a distant target?

I know we are talking for shotguns, but let's say a rifle or even longer shooting pistol use.
    Irrelevant. Lasers are straight line devices, while bullets do not move in a straight line.

Light from a laser will travel several light years in distance, but the beam begins to spread by atmospheric dispersion almost immediately.

Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    Gentlemen, thank you for the advice so far and I welcome more in the future. This is the information I am looking for! I am looking to put the red dot on a Remington 870 (barely legal length barrel) so I know it will kick. Also have a bullpup 12 gauge that I will do the same with. So seeing the pictures and hearing from others who are using them is awesome! I have never used any of the Holosun products and wonder what the quality is. Does anyone have problems with their setup holding zero?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll be the first to say it .

An 18in shotgun at home defensive distances is served quite well with a simple bead .

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I concur with you on a bead.
    If I were looking for an optic on a HD shotgun I would get one with “shake awake” features in place of some on/off button. Holosun’s fill that.

Sirex