• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • All I can say is WOW!!!
    I bought 16# and 18# springs from Wolff and the recoil is very manageable with the 16# spring I used yesterday. This this is as accurate as any pistol I have shot and has a nice trigger pull. 100 rounds of Fiocchi: 0 FTF's, 0 FTE's and 2-3" groups at 21 feet. Not too shabby considering this is the first time I picked it up.
    If anyone with a C&R hasn't bought one yet, I highly recommend buying one yesterday.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    All I can say is WOW!!!
    I bought 16# and 18# springs from Wolff and the recoil is very manageable with the 16# spring I used yesterday. This this is as accurate as any pistol I have shot and has a nice trigger pull. 100 rounds of Fiocchi: 0 FTF's, 0 FTE's and 2-3" groups at 21 feet. Not too shabby considering this is the first time I picked it up.
    If anyone with a C&R hasn't bought one yet, I highly recommend buying one yesterday.

Where did you get yours? I have only seen one for sale in the last few months....and I really would like one!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I should have gotten more, but I have two very nice ones, and a backup. I absolutely love shooting them!

I went out and shot a couple of pistols today that I recently acquired, including a CZ-83 ... same grip as the CZ-82, but not a C&R and in .380 caliber. It's just as accurate as the 82, with the same feel, but a lighter round.

What surprised the hell out of me, though, was the Star BM that I recently posted about. It's a 9mm, not C&R, and I got mine primarily because it had been a CSP (Spanish secret police) firearm. It's sort of like a compact Star B. Mine has a like-new bore, and it amazed me how accurate the thing was. When I was paying close attention, I was getting 25-foot groups in offhand that I could cover with my thumb. The problem was that I was only paying close attention about 60% of the time.

If you can't find a CZ-82, you might want to consider a CZ-83 or Star BM.

The third "new" gun that I shot today was a Bulgarian Makarov. It shot just like ... a Makarov. Very similar to the P-64 in recoil, muzzle flip, and abuse to the web of my hand ... but a powerful little snapping turtle that is going to hit a man-sized target reliably at 25 feet.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I should have gotten more, but I have two very nice ones, and a backup. I absolutely love shooting them!

I went out and shot a couple of pistols today that I recently acquired, including a CZ-83 ... same grip as the CZ-82, but not a C&R and in .380 caliber. It's just as accurate as the 82, with the same feel, but a lighter round.

What surprised the hell out of me, though, was the Star BM that I recently posted about. It's a 9mm, not C&R, and I got mine primarily because it had been a CSP (Spanish secret police) firearm. It's sort of like a compact Star B. Mine has a like-new bore, and it amazed me how accurate the thing was. When I was paying close attention, I was getting 25-foot groups in offhand that I could cover with my thumb. The problem was that I was only paying close attention about 60% of the time.

If you can't find a CZ-82, you might want to consider a CZ-83 or Star BM.

The third "new" gun that I shot today was a Bulgarian Makarov. It shot just like ... a Makarov. Very similar to the P-64 in recoil, muzzle flip, and abuse to the web of my hand ... but a powerful little snapping turtle that is going to hit a man-sized target reliably at 25 feet.

Well, I can't see paying $300+ for a Star BM when I can get an Rx with a $5 co-pay for a All-Star BM.......:lol2:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    SOG has them in stock for $239.95, as of five minutes ago.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I just looked at SOG and can't find them.

You're right; crossed a couple circuits in my brain, connected the Polish P83 (9x18) with the CZ83 next to it, and came up with a CZ82.

Sorry.

FWIW, there's a couple on GB for less than stupid money.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    If someone with their C & R really wants a CZ-82, I can part with one of mine. Send me a pm. Guess I could live with only 3 or 4.....

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I own 2 (his and her's). Sweet pistols. Unfortunately ammo like any other caliber is drying up.

Anyone who is familiar with a Herky-Turkey should be able to make their own 9x18 rounds. It's pretty easy, actually. It just takes some time and a few tools. 9x19 cases are getting easier to find again, and they can be cut down to 9x18. I've posted some stuff about doing this, and Melnic recently started a thread about it in the reloading forum.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Anyone who is familiar with a Herky-Turkey should be able to make their own 9x18 rounds. It's pretty easy, actually. It just takes some time and a few tools. 9x19 cases are getting easier to find again, and they can be cut down to 9x18. I've posted some stuff about doing this, and Melnic recently started a thread about it in the reloading forum.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom