• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RennBaer

Aug 16, 2022
    NY-istan
    How many of you are practicing your draw while seated in your car? Or while exiting your car? This incident seems like as good a motivation as any to train drawing from unconventional positions more often.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    How many of you are practicing your draw while seated in your car? Or while exiting your car? This incident seems like as good a motivation as any to train drawing from unconventional positions more often.
    The great thing about having a garage. I don't have to frighten the neighbors.

RennBaer

Aug 16, 2022
    NY-istan
    My range allows you to drive your vehicle onto the pistol bays, so I may have to start taking advantage of that and do some drawing-while-egressing drills.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Define sketchy

*****That's Racist!!!!! :lol:

thats-racist_o_345330.gif

Ok, now that that is outta the way.. You end up parking in some lot, looking for a spot to eat a foot-long you just bought and you find yourself parked next to either or *all* of these vans... :shocked4: Seems pretty sketchy to me!!! I personally would put my foot-long away and either drive off, or at least be ready to defend myself from whatever may come. Then again, $20 is $20.. :innocent0

cabin1.jpg

Andwethoughtthecandyvanwasscary-27161-1258102428.jpg
    van2.jpg

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    The Carjacker holster by Andrews Leather looks like a pretty nice setup for in the car.

Last edited:

djvnet

Oct 30, 2022
    Frederick, MD
    I've got the shield arms s15s in my g43xmos, with the shield mag release. I've put about 400 shots through it with those mags and they've fun flawlessly. They're a complete no-brainer if you've got a 43x. As other said though, capacity means nothing if your gun has not been put in a condition to be used when you need to use it. With a good holster, a loaded chamber isn't going to be a safety risk. I tried the mission 1st minimalist, werkz m6, desantis slim tuk, and the bravo concealment torsion. The torsion is the clear winner for me in both comfort and concealability.

I'd encourage your friend to bring his story to a gun friendly news outlet. It's important that uses of legally carried firearms for defense be shared in the public sphere. He used a legally carried firearm to stop a threat, and had the restraint to NOT fire when being fired upon. That is the narrative the 2a community needs to highlight in maryland.
    @smokey0118 are there nearby out-of-state retail locations for the S15s or did you manage another way of getting your hands on them? I'm looking for options of getting the S15 Combo Pack.

OMD6dawg

This is what I've been trying to preach since Bruen. While some here are treating it like Christmas, I'm trying to be serious and stress training and practice. I've been called an elitist by some because of this, but hopefully people are starting to realize the gun isn't a rabbit's foot and instead take this stuff just a little more seriously.
    This. Right. Here.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    @smokey0118 are there nearby out-of-state retail locations for the S15s or did you manage another way of getting your hands on them? I'm looking for options of getting the S15 Combo Pack.
    Every gun show in PA or VA seems to have them around several vendors, I got mine at a Gettysburg one last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom