• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Rented s 19x from MGN yesterday. I went there to shoot my new to me g2c to make sure it functions with the jhp I have in it.

I never liked glocks prior. They felt bad in my hands, and just weren't for me.

Gen 5 seems to have changed all that. I like them a lot. I think a G45 or 19x may be in my future.

Weird thing when I shot though, the mag kept dropping out. I thought I was hiting the release but one of the guys said the mag was just worn. What do you guys think?

P.s. I was going to ditch my xd40 with a trigger and talon grips in exchange for a gen 5 glock, but I shot that yesterday too and really like that gun. Especially when you ditch the trash stock trigger. PRP makes a good product.

Thanks in advance

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Generally, non-Glock people (myself included) don’t like the way Glocks “point.” For me it’s the grip angle. I don’t believe that has changed in gen 5, so I’m curious what about this one was different for you.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Any rental gun is suspect for worn parts. I'd imagine a rental G19 has seen a lot of use.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    What about the g2c? Did you like it too?
    I own that.

Yeah it's pretty good. The double action trigger feels weird dry firing, but once you switch it to freedom dispensing (live fire) mode it's actually good, in my humble opinion.

The price is unbeatable. You can see the little details they cut corners to save on cost, but it all works. I can buy two of these for the cost of one hellcat. So even if it messes up, that little gun paid it's dues.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Generally, non-Glock people (myself included) don’t like the way Glocks “point.” For me it’s the grip angle. I don’t believe that has changed in gen 5, so I’m curious what about this one was different for you.
    Finger grooves gone.

Trigger is good.

I'm not a good enough shooter for grip angle to matter. It only seems bother me related to rifles.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

I believe it changed in Gen 4, because I liked one for the first time when I handled and shot a Gen 4...(would they change it back in Gen 5??? WTH?)

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I own that.

Yeah it's pretty good. The double action trigger feels weird dry firing, but once you switch it to freedom dispensing (live fire) mode it's actually good, in my humble opinion.

The price is unbeatable. You can see the little details they cut corners to save on cost, but it all works. I can buy two of these for the cost of one hellcat. So even if it messes up, that little gun paid it's dues.
    I’ve got one too. I agree it’s a great little gun, and I cant believe the price. I’ve had it a few years now and it has been flawless.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I’ve got one too. I agree it’s a great little gun, and I cant believe the price. I’ve had it a few years now and it has been flawless.
    This one was sticky for a shot, I lubed it and that went away. The gun was new to me, I should have lubed it before I took it to the range

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom