• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxx

Apr 4, 2009
    My wife took a shotgun class and one of the guns was a 870 12 gauge with shorten wooden stock. She liked it so much she purchased an 870 for herself :thumbsup: but we cannot find a company that sells a such a stock. She does not like the tactical look of the Synths.

She's going turkey hunting this year so it's important that we get the gun fitting her well soon so she can practice.

Does anyone know of any companies which produce a wooden shorten stock that matches the wood on a 870 Express?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Remington may have youth models but I can guarantee you it wont match your forend.

I suggest having a gunsmith chop the stock and install a decelerator or limbsaver pad to the proper LOP. total job should be about 140.00

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Remington may have youth models but I can guarantee you it wont match your forend.

I suggest having a gunsmith chop the stock and install a decelerator or limbsaver pad to the proper LOP. total job should be about 140.00

This.
    Went through this. The only youth model available for the 870 is a black synth one.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If Scott's can't do it for you, might want to check Bart's out.

I had a stock for my wife's trap gun shortened there. They did a good job and even adjusted the angle a bit.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    My wife took a shotgun class and one of the guns was a 870 12 gauge with shorten wooden stock. She liked it so much she purchased an 870 for herself :thumbsup: but we cannot find a company that sells a such a stock. She does not like the tactical look of the Synths.

She's going turkey hunting this year so it's important that we get the gun fitting her well soon so she can practice.

Does anyone know of any companies which produce a wooden shorten stock that matches the wood on a 870 Express?

I have a short 870 stock made by Hogue. PM if you would like to look at it.

Kiev88cm

KB3ZKX
    Sep 24, 2009
    Had my 870 fitted , shortened and a limbsaver pad installed....it is now a joy to shoot.

Maxx

Apr 4, 2009
    If Scott's can't do it for you, might want to check Bart's out.

I had a stock for my wife's trap gun shortened there. They did a good job and even adjusted the angle a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion, Glen Burnie is quite far from me, where is Bart located?

Maxx

Apr 4, 2009

Thanks for the suggetion! Her SG's stock isnt anything special so having it modified would be the best option.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion, Glen Burnie is quite far from me, where is Bart located?

Also Glen Burnie, at intersection of Ritchie HWY and Crain HWY

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    A youth stock is usually 12 1/2" LOP. That's also usually too short for a lady. 13 3/4" would be more like the norm. If you are at all handy, you can fit the pad yourself. You need a pad jig, a chop saw and a big disc sander.

Maxx

Apr 4, 2009
    Good suggestion. I saw that I could get a replacement standard wood stock, I was thinking I might purchase that and give it a try. :)

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Yeah, I got tired of tying guns up for months on end, only to be charged over $100 labor for one hour worth of work. The first one will go slower, but I do them in less than an hour now and have done about 50 or so. You can aslo probably find a few you-tube clips on pad fitting. It ain't rocket science.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom