• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Since bow season is just around the corner and it doesn't look like I'm moving after all I pulled mine from the classified and decided to keep it. :) Whoever that may collect these things.............. snooze you lose. :D This if from the late 60's early 70's from what I have read.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      46.1 KB · Views: 174
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      51.4 KB · Views: 175
    • 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      37 KB · Views: 169
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      38.7 KB · Views: 166
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      45.3 KB · Views: 162
    Last edited:

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I still own a Reflex and that makes me feel old lol. Bought it new somewhere around 2003 <3. I'm going in reverse. I'd really like to get into traditional archery. I always shot well instinctively when I was a kid.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I started with a Jennings Lightningstar round wheel bow. It wasn't a speed demon but I could split my own arrows with that thing.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Hoyt Legacy Super Slam circa 1993. Used a Browning Black Knight too, until the riser broke. I also have a Bear Kodiak recurve that I picked up for only $10, couldn't pass it up for that price.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I still have my Bear Polar LTD from ~29 years ago & is in mint condition. Funny seeing it next to my Mathews.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Had a Darton SL-50 when I started in archery. ('89 or so.)
    When I injured my back, I sold it. . . . like a fool!

About a year ago, and old friend (emphasis on OLD) found a bow at a garage sale, and picked it up for me.

It's a Myles Keller. #60. 30" draw. I have no idea how old it is. :shrug:
    I had new string and cables put on it.
    It shoots good for me.

I don't shoot enough to justify buying a new bow.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I picked up a really old compound bow a while back for free with the intention of converting it to a recurve. I read online that the older compounds are perfect for this because they are cheap and the riser can easily be made to accept ILF limbs. I sort of lack the experience to do this so I really haven't moved forward with it. A lot of you that have ancient bows without much value should look into this if you want to have a fun new and unique take down recurve bow.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Had a Darton SL-50 when I started in archery. ('89 or so.)
    When I injured my back, I sold it. . . . like a fool!

About a year ago, and old friend (emphasis on OLD) found a bow at a garage sale, and picked it up for me.

It's a Myles Keller. #60. 30" draw. I have no idea how old it is. :shrug:
    I had new string and cables put on it.
    It shoots good for me.

I don't shoot enough to justify buying a new bow.

I may be eating my words.

I pulled out my bow on Saturday, and my youngest son and I let a few arrows fly.
    My shoulders are killing me!
    That old Myles Keller "Fast Flight" is one tough bow.

My son has convinced me to buy another.
    So, I'm looking at a Mission "Venture". :thumbsup:

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    I picked up a really old compound bow a while back for free with the intention of converting it to a recurve. I read online that the older compounds are perfect for this because they are cheap and the riser can easily be made to accept ILF limbs. I sort of lack the experience to do this so I really haven't moved forward with it. A lot of you that have ancient bows without much value should look into this if you want to have a fun new and unique take down recurve bow.

This is awesome. I have an old Indian Shikari from the 70's and I'd like to do this as my wife wants to shoot traditional archery.

I just bought a 2012 PSE Brute X, holy crap has technology gone leaps and bounds over the older bows. It's insane how fast and accurate these newer bows are.

CEK

Oct 7, 2012
    I have my first compound from around 1983 a 50# 30" draw Indian hunter. I then got a Browning Nomad I still have. Last one I bought around 1995 is a Proline New Wave I still shoot this one occasionally. Past year or so I have been practicing with an old Bear Kodiak recurve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom