• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I'm surprised about On Target, not the violation knowing the clientel but that there wasnt someone there. I don't recall not seeing someone in the ranges keeping an eye and sweeping brass. I would assume you could have said something to them and have them handle it.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm surprised about On Target, not the violation knowing the clientel but that there wasnt someone there. I don't recall not seeing someone in the ranges keeping an eye and sweeping brass. I would assume you could have said something to them and have them handle it.
    I let it go that time, but I won't let it go again. I think there was someone in there sweeping brass, but I think they were on the other side when these things happened - they both happened within mere minutes of each other, and it was fine after that.

I guess the thing that surprises me the most is that someone would go to shoot and not be more careful from the outset.

sniper350

Oct 18, 2007
    Maryland
    At a public range like On-Target .....you are always going to run into the occassional person not safety orientated.

But I can promise you, if you had said something to a Range employee, the problem would have been taken care of. I have on occassion left the Range and went out to the desk and reported what I thought was an unsafe situation. Each time an employee was sent into the Range to Stand behind the Lane that had a problem. In this way, you leave it to the Range to straighten out problems ..........plus it helps them to get a feel for what to look for the next time.

One example: a guy was teaching his girl friend to shoot...........trouble was she was shooting most of her rounds into the ceiling tiles. I went and reported the incident, since I was right in the next lane & was not sure where the next rounds might be going. An employee put a stop to her lessons for the evening.

Like others have pointed out ....we don't have to be the [perceived] bad guy[ and try and personally stop unsafe situations] ........... but we can be the eyes for the RO when he is on the other side of the range. He has the authority to put an end to anything he deems unsafe.

JF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom