Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    From the QAC Sheriff's Facebook Page:

Queen Anne's County Office of the Sheriff

SUSPECTS SOUGHT IN DOUBLE SHOOTING IN SALISBURY
    REWARD OFFERED FOR INFORMATION

(SALISBURY, MD) – State and local police are searching for multiple suspects who were involved in a Wicomico County robbery and shooting Sunday night in which two young men sustained life threatening injuries.

The victims are a 23-year-old male and a 16-year-old male, both of whom lived in the 1000-block of Margaret Street, in Salisbury, Md. Both victims sustained gunshot wounds. They are not being identified at this time for safety reasons.

The suspects are described as African American males, believed to be in their teens or early twenties. Two suspects were armed with guns. The armed suspects were part of a larger group of about six to eight suspects who were at or near the scene when the shootings occurred.

Shortly after 11:30 p.m. yesterday, officers from the Salisbury Police Department responded to the 1000-block of Margaret Street for a report of a shooting. When officers arrived, they found both victims lying wounded on or near the front porch of the home. Medic units responded and transported both victims to a hospital, where they remain in critical condition.

The preliminary investigation indicates the victims were on their front porch about 11:30 p.m. yesterday, when a group of six to eight African American males were walking down the street. Four of those males separated from the group and walked toward the victims. Two of those four males approached the victims and demanded money. Both of those suspects were armed. The shootings occurred during the robbery.

Anyone with information about the suspects, or who may have seen suspicious persons or circumstances in the area late last night, is urged to contact police immediately. Crime Solvers of the Lower Eastern Shore is offering up to a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in this case. Persons with information are urged to call Crime Solvers at 410-548-1776 – YOU MAY REMAIN ANONYMOUS

The Salisbury Police Department can be reached at 410-548-3165, or the Maryland State Police at 410-749-3101.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This isn't a real caper this will be solved shortly. First off wicomico county isn't very big and 2nd the 4 who walked away will get caught for something else and will tell. Or they have already told friends who will tell.

This is a slow pitch softball for small town detectives.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    being a salisbury grad...this stuff happens ALL the friggin time there. It's a pretty big sh!t hole in wicomico county. All of my neighbors had their houses robbed when I lived there(we didn't because of 5 guys with shaved heads living in the same house as a rather large belgian malinois). Recently my buddy, reis, who owned the house we lived in, said that he's selling the house after the tenants were all robbed at gunpoint recently. They were sitting on the front porch, drinkin together, when 2 guys with handguns forced them in to the house and robbed them.

When i was there, a kid tried threatening me with the handle of a "gun"(probably a bb gun, but never gave him the chance to find out) at a party and promptly found himself jazzie-jeffed down our front stairs. that town needs birth control dumped into the city water. We used to laugh as we watched teen after teen pushing baby strollers down s division...often at 2 in the morning).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    they were prolly looking to get paid for the drugs they sold them earlier.

Yeah, it's the victims fault. Gonna disagree with your post in this one. Once a month or so, the whole time i was at salisbury we'd get a bulletin like this....

"___-sday a student was robbed at gunpoint down ___(probably smith) street. The student said a car approached with 2-5 #1 males in it. 2-3 #1 males got out of the car, pulled a gun and robbed the student. Be on lookout for a ______ car on _____ street at night. Make sure you travel in large groups in well-lit areas and call the emergency line if you need help."

the other common one was....

"____-sday a student was robbed at knife/gunpoint on the railroad tracks near university park. the student reports that as they walked back from class 1-4 #1 males/females approached the student, assaulted them and took her purse/his valuables."

there are 3 warring groups in salisbury. 1) college kids 2) poor minorities 3) established rich folks. the established rich folks hate everyone and run govt. they make laws like 4-to-2 and tick off college kids. the college kids are there for education, sex and alcohol. the minorities are there to procreate and rob the other two groups. Like I said...it's a sh!thole now. It's a shame...my mom's sister lives there and I've visited since I was born. We used to be able to go to the town festival....now ure likely to get shot or stabbed there.

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    I live here in salisbury and never in my life felt the need to own weapons for home protection and all I can say is look what forum I'm on. I don't hunt so there's a hint on how I feel obout the area.

Jdea2057

Jan 1, 2011
    Sharptown
    I live near Salisbury and with the drug, gang, robbery, home invasion, and shooting activity. I feel a great need for any and all self protection possible!

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I'm in a pretty good part and I feel safe honestly, even with it being an apartment. Unless you live in a bad area I feel like just use common sense and Salisbury is fine.

2much2do49

Feb 25, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    I live here in salisbury and never in my life felt the need to own weapons for home protection and all I can say is look what forum I'm on. I don't hunt so there's a hint on how I feel obout the area.

Ditto for me.

I grew up just outside Wicomico county but have frequented Salisbury for 40 years.

I currently live on the east side of Salisbury near the airport and fortunately have great neighbors. I've not felt threatened, nor in the areas of Salisbury I travel. I also know the bad sections and stay out of them.

I used to live on Smith Street near Newton street in the early 90's while in college and it was a crap hole area. I understand it still is, despite a police substation there.

I think any town has their bad areas, and this is an example of that. If you lay down with dogs your going to get some fleas.

ShOrebird

Feb 22, 2010
    Ditto for me.

I grew up just outside Wicomico county but have frequented Salisbury for 40 years.

I currently live on the east side of Salisbury near the airport and fortunately have great neighbors. I've not felt threatened, nor in the areas of Salisbury I travel. I also know the bad sections and stay out of them.

I used to live on Smith Street near Newton street in the early 90's while in college and it was a crap hole area. I understand it still is, despite a police substation there.

I think any town has their bad areas, and this is an example of that. If you lay down with dogs your going to get some fleas.

Anyone who knows Salisbury is aware of the problem areas. There is A: "The Reservation" B: Church Street C: North of Snow Hill Road to College Ave. and East of S. Division St. Also, the vermin use the RR tracks to travel N and S.
    My sister has a place next to the tracks near the hospital and has to constantly chase off people doing things that are, umm, not accepted in a civil society (at least in public.)

Last edited:

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    The prisoners at ECI are dropped at the bus station and they don't leave. Drugs and gangs are rampant. Police are paid too little money to keep arresting the same people over and over again.

When you patrol at 0330 and see 60-70 people (ages 2 & up) out on a Wednesday night (every night) you realize that these people don't have to get up at 0600 and go to work. They are on the government dole and working the system and are doing other things for cash.

We as a society need to make being on welfare taboo as it used to be. Mandatory drug testing for anyone taking OUR money through the government. SS doesn't count because it's your money (some of it anyway).

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    The prisoners at ECI are dropped at the bus station and they don't leave. Drugs and gangs are rampant. Police are paid too little money to keep arresting the same people over and over again.

When you patrol at 0330 and see 60-70 people (ages 2 & up) out on a Wednesday night (every night) you realize that these people don't have to get up at 0600 and go to work. They are on the government dole and working the system and are doing other things for cash.

We as a society need to make being on welfare taboo as it used to be. Mandatory drug testing for anyone taking OUR money through the government. SS doesn't count because it's your money (some of it anyway).

:thumbsup: good observation! Good solution provided! Good post! :thumbsup:

ShOrebird

Feb 22, 2010

I never knew that the prisoners released from ECI are dropped off at a bus station in Salisbury. Heck! I didn't even know we still HAD a bus station. There used to be a Greyhound station on Rte 50 across from Perdue. That is a BAD part of town.

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    I also live on the east side of town near the Stadium and I'm not so much worried about going thru the bad areas of Salisbury as mentioned, what worries me are when all the home invaisions move down here from lower De.
    I grew up (25+ y/ago) in Oakland Ca. which there for awhile had the highest murder rate in the states. I know how to avoid these situations and stear clear but it's the unwelcomed guest's in my home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom