• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Darn! My computer must be a conservative! It blocked the Baltimore sun's webpage!

Attachments

• sun.jpg
      sun.jpg
      65.6 KB · Views: 342

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Geez, a shooting? Man, it's everywhere. I have to go there Monday or Tues, depending on the weather. Since we can't carry legally, I may just strap on my 1895 Mosin since it's an antique. I mean, what fool is going to risk a shootout with his pistol vs a Mosin??? My bayonet has greater range than a pistol.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Agreed. Some rather sketchy people hanging around all the time.

And yet City and County politicians and the majority of their constituents continue to ignore the crime problem. Folks in Carroll County are in for a rude awakening. These types of "incidents" are going to increase in frequency until they become commonplace at which point the exodus from Westminster will begin. Once the rot takes hold in Westminster City it will spread to Hampstead, Manchester and other smaller communities. Shortly thereafter Carroll County will become permanently blighted and then the rot will start to infect the western counties in earnest. I've witnessed this type of slow motion disaster firsthand in other communities. Once criminals and their enablers gain a foothold they quickly reach a critical mass and start to drive out the taxpaying citizens. It's the same story, time and time again and yet people don't learn. There are far too many law abiding, gainfully employed transplants from Baltimore City in this area for people not to see the signs and know what's coming. I can't understand how you allow criminals to drive you out of your home once and then when you can clearly see the same situation developing you neglect the chance to nip the problem in the bud. I guess people like watching their home values decline by 50 to 75%.

When I mention this issue to other city residents the response is usually along the lines of "Well, that's why I don't walk on Pennsylvania Avenue" or they just shake their heads. Frankly, it infuriates me. Carroll County is a very prosperous, beautiful and civilized place to live. To see the seeds of its destruction being sown makes me very angry. The growing community of drug addicts, drug dealers, thieves and burglars should be crushed and crushed decisively. Rigorous and concentrated application of city ordinances, building codes and the criminal law would solve the problem in a year or less. Instead we continue to ignore the problem. The fact that Westminster City Police and the Carroll County Sheriff's Office are among the lowest paid in the State, have a high turnover rate and mismanage their resources doesn't help either.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    The news said two groups.... with no descriptions, which means something to me. Had it been all white guys they would have said that. Plus they probably would have identified the firearm as an AR even if it wasnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom