• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I am trying to sell a 1936 Luger that I just inherited and I have someone interested. I need to know what to do if I sell the gun and need to ship it out of state. This would be the first sale of this type for me and I am clueless of the procedure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

wiseguy813

Jul 11, 2011
    Lexington Park, MD
    Some FFLs will require a gun to be shipped from an FFL. These are shop policies, ATF does not require this. Its all about if you want to pay an FFL to ship it for you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Well thats about what I was thinking. I will get FFL of buyers choice and ship to them. Now, who is best shipper to use. I hear bad things about UPS and anything firearm related and good things about FedEx and firearms, except no insurance offered on package by FedEx. This is too valuable to ship un-insured.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    If it is a handgun you will have to ship it overnight by UPS and FedEx policy since your not a FFL, they don't want handguns sitting on docks, so it can get a little expensive.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You'll hear bad stories about both carriers. Go with the one clossest to your house and if prices are competitive.

Be advised UPS stores cannot ship firearms, as they are franchises. Go to either a Fed Ex outlet or a UPS shipping depot.

Don't forget to declare the shipment to the carrier as a firearm. Nothing on the outside of the package that indicates it contains a firearm. These are Federal laws Make sure to insure it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Fed Ex will only ship to an FFL. If you are shipping to an FFl 03, they may want to see a copy of the license when you ship. I don't know this from personal experience, but if it's a non commercial address, they might ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom