• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    One of the biggest mistakes I've made is selling my Shiloh Long Range Express to my brother several years ago, at least it stayed in the family but I've missed that rifle.

A little while ago chooks9 contacted me and offered to sell me a Shiloh #1 Sporter rifle and I jumped on it, we met last week and did the transfer at Duffy's and I'm once again the proud owner of a Shiloh rifle in 45-70.

This is a beautiful rifle that had many of the option boxes checked off when it was ordered, upgraded wood, engraving, sights, pewter fore end cap and more. Has a 30" heavy octagon to round barrel, even though the rifle is heavy it is well balanced and holds pretty steady off hand.

Thanks again chooks9 for offering me this rifle, will be enjoying it for many years hopefully.

My poor pictures do not do justice to just how nice this rifle is.

IMG_0654.jpeg
    IMG_0664.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0650.jpeg
    IMG_0677.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    My Shiloh is one of my favs, except mine's a '74 Infantry made when they were still in NY. One of the bottom, top is a Pedersoli Quigley.

Attachments

• Sharps pair.jpg
      Sharps pair.jpg
      262.2 KB · Views: 53

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I will get one like that at some point. The only problem I will have is that I won't shoot smokeless rounds out of it and the two closest outdoor ranges to me are at least an hour away.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    That thing is set up for action! Hadley eye cup, spirit globe front? Dang good looking rifle. Is that the bone and charcoal finish? Looks a little different than their typical CCH to me. Could be wrong, but you mentioned options being checked off the list. Fantastic looking rifle and the half rounds are a sure sweet thing. Enjoy that puppy! Ring some dingers! Shoot, boom….ding! Love shooting and waiting for report on steel. Enjoy that IMMENSELY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    That thing is set up for action! Hadley eye cup, spirit globe front? Dang good looking rifle. Is that the bone and charcoal finish? Looks a little different than their typical CCH to me. Could be wrong, but you mentioned options being checked off the list. Fantastic looking rifle and the half rounds are a sure sweet thing. Enjoy that puppy! Ring some dingers! Shoot, boom….ding! Love shooting and waiting for report on steel. Enjoy that IMMENSELY!

Thank you, it does look to me that it is one of Shiloh's optional case hardening, which one I'm not sure. I plan on ordering a factory letter from Shiloh so I know exactly how it left the shop.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    That is one gorgeous rifle. Everything about it oozes quality and a piece of art. Better have it insured :-)

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    That is one gorgeous rifle. Everything about it oozes quality and a piece of art. Better have it insured :-)

Thank you, Shiloh does build an extremely high quality rifle and there is quite a demand for their rifles, current wait for a standard rifle is 2 to 3 years, probably 4 to 5 years for one optioned out as this one is.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Thank you, it does look to me that it is one of Shiloh's optional case hardening, which one I'm not sure. I plan on ordering a factory letter from Shiloh so I know exactly how it left the shop.

You planning to roll holy black loads? Truly the most accurate way to fire these! I think a letter is a solid idea. It’ll be interesting to see that list, eh? Very well made rifles, generations of future use (if we’re still here!). Enjoy

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    c7fca4e289d0fcd079052196f9ec82e5.jpg

If you find the rear buckhorn obtrusive through your tang sight, you can make a blank filler with a nickel. All you need to have is a fine pointed marker, dremel and a file. I wanted to use a Buffalo nickel, but the Jefferson Peace I had was the only interesting thing on hand. Give your nickel a good polish with the dremel before you cut it.

- Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom