• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Everyone should let Sheriff Tim Cameron know how much we appreciate him standing Very tall for us in Annapolis today. He and several other sheriffs eviscerated the house bill today. We owe him a steak dinner at a minimum.

I'm game to get him a gift card for a steak house as thanks. Anyone else in?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I'm game to get him a gift card for a steak house as thanks. Anyone else in?

Although I thought the same thing, I'm not sure how ethical it would be for him to accept such an offer. I think a thank you e-mail and a nice pledge to contribute to his next campaign may be a better show of appreciation.

USNRol

Armed Citizen
    Feb 15, 2013
    Leonardtown
    Anyone know about what time we testified? I'd like to listen to his testimony... the whole thing was posted on the web but there is 15 and a half hours of testimony to go though.

I'll send him an email to thank him.

Judging by the chatter starting on page 51 of this thread I'd say the Sheriffs sat around 3:50pm. Can you provide the link to where the testimony is posted?

Thanks,
    USNRol

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    I remember @ 9 months ago in our local paper Mike Evans "Sheriff of Calvert County" said that he saw no problem with conceal carry, that other states acknowledge conceal carry and there's been almost no issues, so I believe he is on our side but I haven't heard one way or the other

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I'm curious how the AA County and Calvert County Sheriffs feel and if they weigh in. I was raised in CC and still have family there, but now reside in AAC. Glad to see the St Mary's sheriff stand up.

Sent using Tapatalk

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I took note that A.A.C. Sheriff, Ron Bateman was no where to be seen :rolleyes:
    Good grief, what do you expect? The mayor of Annapolis is on the board of directors of Marylanders Against Gun Violence, and it's illegal to ship ammunition to zip code 21401. Thank God I live in Cape St. Claire and we rated our own zip code.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Good grief, what do you expect? The mayor of Annapolis is on the board of directors of Marylanders Against Gun Violence, and it's illegal to ship ammunition to zip code 21401. Thank God I live in Cape St. Claire and we rated our own zip code.

Ah that was a sarcastic remark, normally the :rolleyes: is my indicator.. :D

sheriff160

Nov 1, 2009
    Waldorf, Maryland
    Yeah I'm curious how the AA County and Calvert County Sheriffs feel and if they weigh in. I was raised in CC and still have family there, but now reside in AAC. Glad to see the St Mary's sheriff stand up.

Sent using Tapatalk

Both Sheriff Cameron and Lewis are the current and past presidents of the Maryland Sheriff's Association. They were chosen by the MSA to represent all 23 Maryland Sheriff's at that hearing. The Maryland Sheriff's Association does not support this legislation in any form.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Both Sheriff Cameron and Lewis are the current and past presidents of the Maryland Sheriff's Association. They were chosen by the MSA to represent all 23 Maryland Sheriff's at that hearing. The Maryland Sheriff's Association does not support this legislation in any form.

That may be the case, however after Bateman's recent comments to constituents, It seems clear to me that he would enforce ALL laws regardless of the Constitution and our liberties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom