• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Is anyone here a member of the Sharpshooter indoor range in Lorton, VA?
    I'm coming back to the US during memorial day week and want to shoot my new pistol but since I've been working overseas, I couldn't joint IWLA or any other club with a range. If you're willing to sponsor a guest pass, I'll pay you for the pass and give you some ammo.
    thanks.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    I'm not a member, but I took my wife there two weekends ago (it was our first time shooting together, and her first time ever shooting a gun, period). The staff is pretty friendly, but the range is overall pretty small compared to many where I've shot (small lanes and small overall square footage), and we had to get on a waiting list for 45 minutes before we could shoot. It was also pretty crowded once we were there. Not sure I'd go back.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Sorry, just get random months there. Think it is like 30 and change for the one time, and 50 and change for whole month. Bring your own ammo.

Not the longest range. I think you get more distance at silver eagle and def at NRA. also targets don't spin

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    Not sure where you'll be based in MD but NRA range off I-66 is a better choice. Was a Silver Eagle today (closer to the house than NRA) and big crowds, about 45 minute wait for a lane. Snow day fun

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still in the middle east, so I'm not in VA now. I'll be going back to VA in May and will be doing some work/training near Sharpshooters so I thought it was the best choice, but I might end up going to the NRA range and suffer the traffic in the area. I went to the NRA range about 8 years ago and they wanted me to pay for a safety test before I could shoot. I decided to walk away from the NRA range.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    NRA won't be too bad traffics wise. Fairfax parkway North the whole way from Lorton or if you want to pay go 495 ez to 66w ez.

All Shooters Tactical is a nice gunshop in Woodbridge. Dominion arms right there in Lorton is nice people too, not as much stock.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If you go to Sharpshooters during the week, it's not usually crowded. I used to go on my lunch break when I worked less than a mile away. Friday night through the weekend it gets crowded. You can get a daily membership. Since I moved to Ashburn recently, I don't go there as it's over an hour away driving.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Just came back from there . I’m not a member though. It’s like 30$ a person and you can take your own ammo as long as it’s not steel. For a pistol shooting it’s fine, the lanes only go to 20 yrds. Staff is friendly but I’d get there early if you want to park. Got there at 10 and already had a full parking lot and people inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Is the Blue Ridge Shooting Range in Chantilly still open?
    No, and I’m okay with that. The staff was extremely rude and the amount of safety violations happening on the range was awful. Bad customer service and an unsafe environment. Sad part is that it was 2 miles from my house at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom