Sharpshooters indoor range in Lorton, VA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    As some of you may know already, I am moving to Springfield, VA in about 6 weeks. Recently I have been looking for a place to shoot. Sharpshooters seems to be about the closest place to my new house and has reasonable prices. Does anyone here have experience with them they would share? Any good or bad info welcome.

I've seen the very nice thread here with the spreadsheet and GPS waypoints for Maryland and neighboring shooting ranges and clubs. Some are too far away, some are too over priced for me, some require memberships with a waiting list, and some require you to use ONLY ammo purchased from them (won't work for me)

I'm also considering a membership or by-the-hour for the NRA Range in Fairfax.

Basically I just need a place to target practice and shoot for an hour once a week or so. I shoot handgun from .22lr to .460S&W and rifle 223Rem, 308Win, and 300blk. I don't care if a range has limitations, as I will be happy to shoot the calibers they allow.

I am not familiar with the area yet, but learning quickly.
    Thank you.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Sharpshooters is a decent little indoor range. They can get pretty busy on the weekends, but I don't have any major complaints about their operation. They also have rentals if that's important to you.

I primarily shoot at the NRA Range. 50 yards indoors. Well-lit. Well-ventilated. Open until 10PM or 11PM depending on the day of the week.

I've also heard good things about Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas, but that's certainly a bit of a hike.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    maybe check out fredericksburg rod & gun club. i know nothing about it other than they host uspsa and steel challenge and 3 gun matches. but location may work for you.

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    maybe check out fredericksburg rod & gun club. i know nothing about it other than they host uspsa and steel challenge and 3 gun matches. but location may work for you.

Unfortunately, from the Fredericksburg Rod & Gun Club website................ "Once again our waiting list is Full. As of 7-1-2015 we have filled our waiting list to capacity. No new applications will be taken until further action by the Board of Directors is taken. Our current waiting list should last us several years and has some great potential new members on it.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Sharpshooters is okay. I used to shoot there when I lived in Springfield until I started shooting at the NRA Range. The NRA Range is a lot cleaner, RO's are on top of things, but it does get pretty busy on the weekends.
    If you're looking for a great place to shoot once in a while, check out The Cove Campground in Gore, VA. Outdoor range with steel targets. $17 for an all day pass. I try to go there once a month and I'm usually the only one there for at least 3 hours. Best of luck and welcome to the area.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If you decide to look for an outdoor range/club I highly recommend Arlington Fairfax IWLA. The members there are great people and they have a very nice facility.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    It's a 25 yard indoor range. Temperature control and ventilation could be better. Elite, NRA and Blue Ridge Arsenal ranges are better in that regard. Depending on where you work and when you want to shoot, travel times to the competition could be prohibitive. Sharpshooters could be your best overall choice. Shop around before you jump on board somewhere. All the places that I can think of offer daily/monthly membership so you can try them out.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Sharpshooters is nice, but it's short. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. No caliber heavier than 30-06, but the range is so short it's kind of pointless. Good people, Tim and his son are active competition shooters. They sell everything in the store at full retail price. You can get a monthly membership, or a 6-month or 1 year membership. Monthly membership requires $10 per hour shooting, the rest include shooting in the membership. For me, it's convenient.

The Elite Shooting Center in Manassas is awesome. I'm rounding here, so $20 a day, or a yearly membership is $50 initiation fee and $40 a month for unlimited shooting. They have four sections, two shorter 25 yard sections, one 50 yard section, and one 100 yard section. There's a snack bar inside, along with accessories you can purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom