• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Either stripped ($225) or with the rear sight installed ($275). Yes LuthAR has them for $169, but, that's stripped, and S&H and sales tax is extra, and it's never in stock. Screw it. I bought one of these with the rear sight installed.

[EDIT] After further review, I am not recommending you guys avoid this one. There are too many issues reported with the way Shark Arms is advertising this product and the rear sight.

Last edited:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Minor rear sight issue reported here
    Yes, and I should have mentioned this, but not a show stopper:

"OUR UNBRANDED A1 UPPER RECEIVER HAS SOME OF THE BEST ANODIZING AND MATCHES PERFECT WITH ANY COLT LOWER. JUST USE A SMALL SHIM UNDER THE LEAF SPRING AND YOUR GOOD TO GO."

So it needs a shim. That's why I am having them do rear sight. These are in fact "blems".

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Minor rear sight issue reported here
    Hmm - there is a lot of interesting info in the above referenced thread. I would say put the burden on Shark to get these rear sights working correctly (which is what I did).

My take is that these A1 receivers were rejects because of the deeper sight pocket. If that's all that's wrong with them I am not worried. I agree with those in the AR15.com thread that Shark probably knew full and well this was a blem batch and he probably got a steep discount.

But you can't find these things. Everywhere I look they are OOS. Optics Planet states that the Luth AR A1 uppers are no longer available.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Yes, and I should have mentioned this, but not a show stopper:

"OUR UNBRANDED A1 UPPER RECEIVER HAS SOME OF THE BEST ANODIZING AND MATCHES PERFECT WITH ANY COLT LOWER. JUST USE A SMALL SHIM UNDER THE LEAF SPRING AND YOUR GOOD TO GO."

So it needs a shim. That's why I am having them do rear sight. These are in fact "blems".

I'm interested to see what you get. Some reports on Reddit of people buying A1 uppers with installed rear sights on Gunbroker and the spring pocket is filled with JB Weld.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Hmm - there is a lot of interesting info in the above referenced thread. I would say put the burden on Shark to get these rear sights working correctly (which is what I did).

My take is that these A1 receivers were rejects because of the deeper sight pocket. If that's all that's wrong with them I am not worried. I agree with those in the AR15.com thread that Shark probably knew full and well this was a blem batch and he probably got a steep discount.

But you can't find these things. Everywhere I look they are OOS. Optics Planet states that the Luth AR A1 uppers are no longer available.
    A1 uppers have been hens teeth for a while yes. A2 as well.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How's their return policy? You said you've bought from them before might be worth a check

BTW @JTH20 is my clone info guy
    You can cancel but he charges a fee.

"Customer Satisfaction is our main priority and we strive to meet that on a daily basis. We did not get this far by not listening to our customers. If items are not exactly how you expected them, we will replace them. If we cannot send a replacement product or if for some reason you are not 100% satisfied, then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis.All refunds are subject to a 15% restocking fee, cancelled orders will be also subject to a 15% fee for charges and listing and CC fees that do occur for S.A.C all charges are based on a order by order basis."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom