• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    The bad part is that its not just us that it hurts. ANYONE wanting a permit has to go through this now. Even security, armored car employees, etc. It could cost local businesses thousands of dollars.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    So...let me make sure I've got this right. The senate votes to approve this Bill at 12:17 today. The updated copy with the training amendment is posted online no earlier than 12:30 today?

:mad54:
    :tdown:

Most of the people I've talked to didn't know it was amended and the title only reflects an exemption from training and not the addition...

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Here is what I sent, also did another one for the house.

"Honorable Senators

I strongly ask you oppose HB 579 as amended by the Judicial Proceedings Committee.

This undefined training is just a move to slow down or block law abiding citizens from their constitutional rights. It of course has no effect on criminals.

Thank you for your time
    David B
    Maryland Citizen, Taxpayer and voter"

Common you mugs, you want to live forever lets burn up their servers

When your done, smokem if you gotem

I've sent my email, pretty much along the same lines as this :thumbsup:

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Could the 12:17 adoption just mean that they said " OK we see there is a change and OK it to start over" kinda if you get what I am trying to say????

DPRO556

Mar 4, 2012
    I have emailed all of the Senators, and at this point have received a positive reply from Sen. Jacobs office.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    posted this all over FB said:
    Go here:

http://actionmail.ksconline.net/

Email all of the general assembly. Tell them that "As a constituent you oppose House Bill 579 and will not vote for any person in office that votes in favor of such a bill."

:)

Sent this to ALL of them said:
    After reading this bill and it's added undefined requirements, I STRONGLY oppose this bill and will not vote for ANY representative who votes in favor of this bill at ANY point in time that I am a Maryland Resident and constituent.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Just sent off my emails. Wondering if I'll get any replys. This state ticks me off.

Title of my email like they care about ethics.

"The ammending of HB 579 is outright unethical."

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Emailed all of the legislature and called my del and sen directly. Power has gone off twice while I was doing so...:tinfoil:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Could the 12:17 adoption just mean that they said " OK we see there is a change and OK it to start over" kinda if you get what I am trying to say????

According to threeband, it was approval of the amendments and the full bill is headed to a third reading so there is still time...

Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I sent this to my 3 delegates and my senator just for good measure. I do not want the rights of my family restricted if they ever want to apply.

Gentlemen,

I am writing to you today because I am concerned with HB579, requiring additional training for concealed carry and the process for application for a concealed carry permit. I am a Non-Commisioned Officer in the U.S. Army and I am currently in Afghanistan. I have also served one tour in Iraq. Although our conflicts are not in the U.S., I joined to protect the freedoms that our citizens enjoy on a daily basis. As a moderate Republican, I believe in small government, I do not want every facet of my life dictated by outside influences. I believe in the Bill of Rights, and I believe that the right to bear arms is the foundation of our freedom. I do not want to see the rights and freedoms I am working to protect eroded by the same people I call my neighbors. To believe that the right to bear arms is only necessary insofar as to allow others to fight for our freedom, and then remove that right after the threat is removed, is the worst approach possible to freedom. It is the same as saying you can trust citizens to carry weapons when there is an enemy but you cannot trust those same citizens after the enemy is gone. Just because we are not politicians, it does not mean we are children.

I urge you to reconsider the House Bill 579 and what it means to the people of Maryland. To leave a law so vague and ambiguous is inviting extreme interpretations of the law with present or future administrations. I do not believe their should be any greater training requirements for a concealed carry permit application than those already required to purchase a regulated firearm in Maryland. To create a private market to provide training requirements allows the providers to charge exorbitant costs to the average citizen. It shouldn't cost $200+ to receive the training, that is restricting the right to those who have the disposable income necessary. And it should certainly not require so much training as to deter citizens from applying. I don't want to spend years or even months taking classes before I can exercise my rights.

I also request your assistance with the current May Issue/Shall Issue trial occurring in the Federal Circuit Court. I believe that the requirement for Good and Substantial reasoning should be eliminated permanently from Maryland laws. All of the articles I have read about the arguments in the court show that the Maryland State Attorney wishes to ration this right. Do we ration the right to vote? Do we ration the right to speak? Or do we ration any of our other rights in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, or any of the subsequent amendments? In what way should citizens of other states be allowed their freedoms, but those of Maryland be restricted? I ask for your help in creating a Shall Issue Maryland, where everyone is judged equally and given equal opportunities.

Very Respectfully,

Perry S. Lawrence
    Glen Burnie, MD

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Just Received:

I have received your e-mail regarding your opposition to the amendments of HB579. As you are aware, this bill exempts a retired law enforcement officer of a unit of the federal government, the State, or any local law enforcement agency in the State from having to take a required certified firearms safety training course in connection with the purchase, sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm. However, this bill has since been amended by the Judicial Proceedings Committee to implement training requirements. I understand your concern with this matter.

HB 579 passed the House on March 8th. At this time, the bill is being debated on the Senate floor.

Again, thank you for your correspondence.

Sincerely,
    Delegate Talmadge Branch
    Majority Whip TB/jd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom