• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    I just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone is interested. I have a few positions open for someone rather new to the IT industry that I am looking for fill. I am NOT a recruiter and this is not a reach to get "referral bonuses" as I am the hiring manager. I just thought I would see if anyone from the shooting community was looking for work that I could help out.

Basic info:

Pay: Depending on Experience, Shift, Position (Starts at 16 - 20/hr)

I am looking for folks to provide 100% technical phone support. I bring people on as a "contract" employee, with options to be made "FTE". The contracts however have no end date.

I am looking for someone that has at least 1-2 years of technical experience, troubleshooting MS Windows, MS Office, and basic networking.

The daily responsibilities include logging, tracking and resolving an average of 25 to 30 customer interactions per day. The specific job duties are acting as the customer advocate for problem resolution, troubleshooting intermediate-advanced issues, and resolving enduser calls in a single point of contact help desk environment.

The most common calls are listed below:
    1. Microsoft Outlook
    2. Microsoft Word
    3. Windows XP/7
    4. Mobile devices
    5. Network / VPN troubleshooting

I am looking for someone that has technical phone experience and excellent verbal/written communication skills. Also, we this person needs to have excellent documentation skills with an attention to detail, strong problem solving and analytical skills.

I have many growth opportunities within my teams for folks that are solid. My definition of solid = Committed, Loyal, Capable, Confident.

I am looking for folks that are hungry and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. I want people that are interested in building a long term relationship with a outstanding leadership team (and possibly being a member of that leadership team) and a very tenured IT organization.

If your interested, let me know!

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    Is remote work (most of the time) a possibility?

If by remote you mean "working from home", then no it is not. Because of the customers that we support out of our facility, remote connectivity to their network outside of a secured (physically and logically) facility is not permitted.

However if you mean, remote work as in controlling a users machine to perform troubleshooting / resolution.. Yes nearly 100% of the time.

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    Is this remote work, 9-5, or shift work.

I know a couple of folks

It is a 24x7 operation, so shifts are avail around the clock. It really depends on what we are looking for at the time as well as what the persons skill set is. As for the remote work please see my response above this one.

Shifts are not "changing" frequently, I have made shift changes twice in the last 10 months. Most of the time a shift change comes from someone leaving or getting promoted and us moving someone into that shift (if it is their preferred move).

RustyGunner

Sep 12, 2012
    I did first- and second-tier telephone tech support for AOL back when the call centers were here rather than India, I'm interested.

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    I just wanted to provide an update to the folks that have shown interest to let folks know that while this was a "feeler thread", I am very serious about hiring people.

As of 9am this morning I have spoken with ~5 people from this forum. 1 of which came and did a "interview" last night at around 7:30pm, he got the job and will be starting in 2 weeks. I have a handful of positions still avail and if anyone is interested send me a PM and we can start there.

Our leadership team is pretty solid, the facilities are top notch, and for the most part we really enjoy what we do. Come join the team =)

m33p

Feb 17, 2012
    Just like to give thanks to Kris for the opportunity he is providing me with. The position will definitely allow me to gain some vital knowledge that ive been looking for and give me the chance to expand within a really good company. Also, he offered me competitive pay that I couldn't refuse.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead...but is it still available? Wifey and I are moving back!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom