"Sensitive" places restrictions on wear and carry currently that should not be.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    MSI's list of prohibited places has been updated. https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/information/md-carry-permits#f

Places and Times In Which Firearms Can Not Be Legally Carried by a Permit Holder

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Oyster wars. I never knew. Fascinating. Thanks for the info everyone. :)

rhippert

Aug 25, 2013
    Silver Spring, MD
    Washington Post, 7/12/22, "Chief: Gun violence on the rise in Md. County" includes the following two paragraphs:

Under legislative action to be introduced Tuesday, Albornoz said the county would make a "zone text amendment" to forbid a person -- even if they have a "wear-and-carry permit" from the state -- from taking a gun into a "place of public assembly.
    The council president said such locations "are purposely wide-ranging," and could include places of worship, shopping centers and businesses.

Shopping centers and businesses pretty much covers everywhere. Are they going to forbid MS-13 and other gangs and criminals from those places, too? That same story starts with a description of a shooting in a shopping center parking lot in the Briggs Chaney area where "Literally 60 rounds were fired...".

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Didn't see this posted.

F) (1) THE DEPARTMENT MAY NOT PROHIBIT AN INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM
    6 A PERMIT TO WEAR, CARRY, OR TRANSPORT A HANDGUN HAS BEEN ISSUED UNDER
    7 TITLE 5, SUBTITLE 3 OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE FROM WEARING, CARRYING,
    8 OR TRANSPORTING A HANDGUN IN A STATE PARK OR FOREST, SUBJECT TO ANY
    9 LIMITATIONS IMPOSED UNDER § 5–307 OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Didn't see this posted.

F) (1) THE DEPARTMENT MAY NOT PROHIBIT AN INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM
    6 A PERMIT TO WEAR, CARRY, OR TRANSPORT A HANDGUN HAS BEEN ISSUED UNDER
    7 TITLE 5, SUBTITLE 3 OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE FROM WEARING, CARRYING,
    8 OR TRANSPORTING A HANDGUN IN A STATE PARK OR FOREST, SUBJECT TO ANY
    9 LIMITATIONS IMPOSED UNDER § 5–307 OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE.

Didn’t pass.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Not allowed to carry in parks is anti woman. I like to be alone and would love to explore the nearby state park, but the fear of bad men is there. I have had to evade creeps in public places with people around. I once open carried in PA on the rail trail with my aunt. Boy, did I feel safe as hell. There was no one else on the trail at the time.

These dems are ridiculous with their own version of anti woman, but rage when it comes to abortion access. Having a creepy man bothering you several times over your life is NOT comfortable at all. They even creep on me with me being fat. I don't understand the anti gun woman. I guess they have low IQ's or are very easily brainwashed.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Not allowed to carry in parks is anti woman. I like to be alone and would love to explore the nearby state park, but the fear of bad men is there. I have had to evade creeps in public places with people around. I once open carried in PA on the rail trail with my aunt. Boy, did I feel safe as hell. There was no one else on the trail at the time.

These dems are ridiculous with their own version of anti woman, but rage when it comes to abortion access. Having a creepy man bothering you several times over your life is NOT comfortable at all. They even creep on me with me being fat. I don't understand the anti gun woman. I guess they have low IQ's or are very easily brainwashed.
    But what is a woman?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Good luck on your quest to find THAT answer...:rolleyes:
    Even harder to figure out these days...
    No disrespect intended toward you, Foxtrapper. Good to see you posting.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    During the hearing on Del. Cox's bill that aimed to allow carry in parks, one of the opponents raised warnings from the National Park Service not to use firearms on wildlife in self-defense. That's the sneaky stuff opponents pull.
    There is some case law history with that already. A young man defended himself from an aggressive elk in Rocky Mountain National Park back in 2015. They charged him with knowingly taking wildlife or something like that. He claimed self-defense and it went to trial. It came out in discovery that that elk had recently given birth and had meningitis. I can't remember the details perfectly but I believe that it also came out in discovery that the same elk had an ear tag and there was a documented history of aggressiveness to park visitors prior to the immediate few days of the shooting. Lastly, there was also video of the elk acting aggressive just before he defended himself. The judge threw out the criminal charges.
    https://www.dailycamera.com/2017/09...d-in-2015-shooting-of-aggressive-elk-at-rmnp/

NPS personnel were not satisfied with that so they went after him financially under System Unit Resource Protection Act. I don't know yet how that played out.

Back in 2016 TTAG published an article about bad information that the NPS puts out about self defense and firearms.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/national-parks-service-discharging-firearms-self-defense-illegal/

Many of the park compendiums (park unit specific rules) used to peddle in vague, cryptic, and/or suggestive language to discourage park visitors from carrying a firearm.

The NPS has since changed most of their official public statements to begrudgingly allow that it is legal but still discourage it. The bear spray and firearms webpage is a classic example. There are still some misinformed (probably willfully at this point) employees in the agency.

I've yet to hear of a firearm self defense case going to trial involving an apex predator like a grizzly but I know that there have been apex predator self defense shootings such as here and here. The first case from 2014 the man was charged but the AUSA motioned to drop the charge. The second case from 2015 no charges were filed. This might show at least some NPS officials are learning to accept that wildlife self defense is legal and to not charge when it is a clear case of that.

If anyone also wants to investigate this sort of stuff a FOIA can be submitted for different types of incidents, on all Dept. of Interior managed lands listed in the Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System (IMARS). This system would also have other interesting information like all violent crime incidents on DOI public lands that have been documented since the system's inception. It is an official database with a SORN published in the federal register so no one can deny this info. exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom