Sending in C&R app soon... Anything I should know?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Happy Early Birthday Man!
    and just make sure you guys have a sober driver for the way home, I drive by a cross of a boy everyday who will be 21 forever after he went out for his 21st.:sad20:

I don't plan on having more than a couple. I have work in the morning haha
    I've heard too many stories like that one to be irresponsible about that sort of thing. I have a good group of friends who will look out for me too :D

+1:thumbsup:

We'd like to keep you around a while Punch.

Glad I'm not the only one :D
    Thanks. And hopefully one day I'll have the opportunity to buy you guys a beer :thumbsup:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Bear just incase you do not already have it here is a good way to set up you bound book. Just print out this form, put it in a three ring binder and log in each C&R firearm that you receive after getting you license. I was visited by the ATF a few month's ago. No big deal they were just doing a random check to make sure that I had all the paper work in order. I asked for an off site appointment and met them at the Boarders in Waldorf with my Binders. The ATF agent went through my books found one mistake (Date was in a different format than the rest of the book) and had me correct it. Nothing painful just a little stress and worry. Once it was done I found that as long as I followed the rules of the license and keep everything in order they are happy. Good luck and remember to keep the paper work up to date. Mdeng

Oh ya almost forgot make sure to number the pages and if you get to the point that you have more than one book be sure to number the books as well.

Attachments

• boundbookpage[1].pdf
      35.9 KB · Views: 105
    Last edited:

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Bear just incase you do not already have it here is a good way to set up you bound book. Just print out this form, put it in a three ring binder and log in each C&R firearm that you receive after getting you license. I was visited by the ATF a few month's ago. No big deal they were just doing a random check to make sure that I had all the paper work in order. I asked for an off site appointment and met them at the Boarders in Waldorf with my Binders. The ATF agent went through my books found one mistake (Date was in a different format than the rest of the book) and had me correct it. Nothing painful just a little stress and worry. Once it was done I found that as long as I followed the rules of the license and keep everything in order they are happy. Good luck and remember to keep the paper work up to date. Mdeng

Oh ya almost forgot make sure to number the pages and if you get to the point that you have more than one book be sure to number the books as well.

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:
    I was thinking about getting one of those NRA books that's all nicely laid out and leather-bound

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:
    I was thinking about getting one of those NRA books that's all nicely laid out and leather-bound

Good advice Mdeng.

Punch, get prepared for your "soon to be acquired" C&R toys. Trust us though. You WILL log in more than you think...:innocent0

I've been using the same format for my A&D book and it's always up to date. I recall a thread from another member who went through an ATF audit last year. He was using this form but had to rewrite his book into a more columner format while the ATF agent was with him. I'll see if I can find the thread and link it here. This may be the thread:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=7978&highlight=audit

Mdeng, since you had an ATF "visit" and apparently your book was OK in this format, any insight on your visit could be helpful to others. BTW...thanks for your welcome on the surplus rifle forum :). They are terrific folks and my Turk is coming along nicely.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

Thats the Pages i use for my bound book as well.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The only problem the ATF guy had with my book was a few dates that were in a different format. mm/dd/yy dd/mm/yy etc. :ohnoes: he had me fix them and all was well. :D I try to record my info in the book so that each entry looks the same. That way once they start to look things over and see where I have listed all the information they can find it each time in the same spot. I do suggest that if they come calling, make an off site appointment. I met him at the Boarders books coffee shop in Waldorf. This only works for a C&R, dealers have to let them in there place of business. I don't even like to let a repairman into my home if I can help it:sad20:. Mdeng

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    The only problem the ATF guy had with my book was a few dates that were in a different format. mm/dd/yy dd/mm/yy etc. :ohnoes: he had me fix them and all was well. :D I try to record my info in the book so that each entry looks the same. That way once they start to look things over and see where I have listed all the information they can find it each time in the same spot. I do suggest that if they come calling, make an off site appointment. I met him at the Boarders books coffee shop in Waldorf. This only works for a C&R, dealers have to let them in there place of business. I don't even like to let a repairman into my home if I can help it:sad20:. Mdeng

Yea that's what I'm thinkin. We'll end up somewhere else if I ever get sneak attacked

Hornblas

Ignore these four words
    Dec 1, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    I'll be sending mine soon too man..I was just procrastinating on finding out who our CLEO is here in St marys...j8064 helped me there...Thanks man.
    LMK when you get your K98 punch, we will have a k98 shoot off :P

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Make a dozen xeroxes of your C&R. Of course you know not to sign the original.

Sign a copy in contrasting-colored ink, and scan it into your computer. Now you can e mail it as an attachment to many dealers. SOG, I think AIM and Century. You can e-mail their customer service to ask if they accept e-mailed copies if their website is unclear about it.

Midway and Brownells I think I mailed copies to both. You get a Dealer's discount. E mail their customer service with any questions, but I recall Midway has an online dealer registration form of some sort.

Anyway, I just can't imagine a legitimate excuse for waiting a full week. You should be bankrupt well before that, certainly within 5-6 days.

For your first purchase, how about this?

Ludwig Loewe Borchardt Prototype, 30 Caliber Semi-Auto Pistol With 7 1/2" Barrel, Serial Number 27, 1903 Gun Passed Down Through The Browning Family, Gun Is In The White, Lovely Checkered Walnut Grips, Some Blued Parts Flaking, With Provenance

http://www.cherrys.com/handguns.htm

Check out the pictures: here's one: http://www.cherrys.com/stokpics/23023bro_4.jpg

They're only asking $50,000.00. I'll bet they'll come down a bit, though, especially if you offer cash and whine about the " Some Blued Parts Flaking". Bring it to the Frostbite Shoot, so we can all try it out. (You can thank me there.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom