• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGCLVP

Jan 27, 2009
    Quoting from Nancy's email:

I wanted you to hear this from me first. Later today I will be announcing that I have decided not to seek re-election to my Senate seat in 2014.

This has been one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. I've met so many wonderful people over the years who have not only supported my political career, but who have become my friends as well.

The time has come for Bruce and me to begin a new chapter in our lives. I will return to private life on January 1, 2015. Bruce has always been my biggest supporter and ally during my entire political career. It is time for us to be able to spend more time together.

I've so appreciated your support and friendship and confidence in me during my career.

Press Release

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    What dirt have they found on her? Kidding, but that tired old, "leaving to spend more time with my family" is often code for something else. Hope she does well and a decent replacement can be found. She was a great 2A supporter!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Wasn't she considering running for Congress in 2014? Wonder what happened to that.

She realized that pissing in the wind would be more productive. She is a republican no way she would have won in MD.

mdbayboater

Nubie
    Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Shore, Maryland
    What dirt have they found on her? Kidding, but that tired old, "leaving to spend more time with my family" is often code for something else. Hope she does well and a decent replacement can be found. She was a great 2A supporter!

She probably just got tired of fighting the dumb azz democratically controlled morons in Maryland. Just like all the tax paying residents in this state that can afford to dump their houses and move elsewhere have done...she is probably doing the same!

Megiddo

Nov 19, 2010
    I've been proud to know Nancy for a long time and I'm actually glad to see that Bruce will get his wife back. Thanks for all your hard work!

bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    Well with Barry Glassman running for Harford Co Exec and Nancy Jacobs not seeking re-election, it will be interesting to see the make up of the Harford Delegation in the future. Hopefully we can send some good conservatives to Annapolis.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

And sometimes, it is just that. I reduced the size of my practice once our first child was born so I could spend time with the kids.

Sometimes, money or political clout isn't all it is cracked up to be. Rob Garagiola, a democrat from district 16, just decided to give up his Senate seat. He just got divorced and is trying to spend more time with his kids now. Who knows, if he hadn't been a Senator AND a practicing attorney in a high profile firm, he might still be married.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Wasn't she considering running for Congress in 2014? Wonder what happened to that.

Well, she ran against Dutch for Congress in 2012 and didn't even win in Harford County (that part of HarCo that is 2nd district).

Figure her State Senate seat will finally go to Art Helton, who the Senate majority leader has wanted for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom