• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    As everyone knows, MSI cannot and does not endorse candidates, as we are non-partisan. MSI does provide information on political events as well as information regarding the votes taken by office holders. In that educational role, we can say that Senator Hough has voted, in Committee and on the floor, the right way on every 2A bill of importance, including the right way on HB 1302. He is having a fund raiser. Information attached.

Attachments

• DutchsDaughter.docx
      78.1 KB · Views: 147

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    What education can you gone on senator Waugh?

His republican opposition won’t return my calls an emails offering to donate if he’s pro 2a, pro constitution and pro shall issue ccw’s in Md. I find that odd.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    What education can you gone on senator Waugh?

His republican opposition won’t return my calls an emails offering to donate if he’s pro 2a, pro constitution and pro shall issue ccw’s in Md. I find that odd.

As I understand it, Senator Waugh is being opposed in the primary by a opponent backed by the Governor because he alone among the Republicans, voted in the Senate to override a veto made by the Governor. He, alone among the Republicans, also voted to end debate (filibuster) on a bill which was being debated at length by his Republican colleagues, which is very *unusual* for a member of the minority party. Senator Waugh's original school safety bill, SB 1263, contained "red flag" provisions that were much worse than the version of HB 1302 that was enacted into law. When MSI opposed that part of SB 1263 in Committee hearings, Senator Waugh took me personally to task for that opposition because I didn't and couldn't rewrite it for him on 12 hours notice (even though he never consulted with MSI ahead of time) even though we were working hard (successfully) to at least make HB 1302 less onerous. Let's say that I didn't exactly appreciate the lecture.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    As I understand it, Senator Waugh is being opposed in the primary by a opponent backed by the Governor because he alone among the Republicans, voted in the Senate to override a veto made by the Governor. He, alone among the Republicans, also voted to end debate (filibuster) on a bill which was being debated at length by his Republican colleagues, which is very *unusual* for a member of the minority party. Senator Waugh's original school safety bill, SB 1263, contained "red flag" provisions that were much worse than the version of HB 1302 that was enacted into law. When MSI opposed that part of SB 1263 in Committee hearings, Senator Waugh took me personally to task for that opposition because I didn't and couldn't rewrite it for him on 12 hours notice (even though he never consulted with MSI ahead of time) even though we were working hard (successfully) to at least make HB 1302 less onerous. Let's say that I didn't exactly appreciate the lecture.

Waugh is whack.

Every conversation I had with him his arrogance was barely contained.

Get him outta there.

I got all that, I just cant get his opponent to return my calls or emails even though I offered $250 as a donation and asked those three questions.

is that not enough donation to entice a phone call to get it?

its making me leery......

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I got all that, I just cant get his opponent to return my calls or emails even though I offered $250 as a donation and asked those three questions.

is that not enough donation to entice a phone call to get it?

its making me leery......

Afraid that I have no information on Senator Waugh's primary opponent. I will say that Senator Waugh styles himself as a supporter of the 2A and he has voted that way on other matters.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Waugh is whack.

Every conversation I had with him his arrogance was barely contained.

Get him outta there.

Afraid that I have no information on Senator Waugh's primary opponent. I will say that Senator Waugh styles himself as a supporter of the 2A and he has voted that way on other matters.

well since I wrote that post Jack Bailey called me. kinda weird but I liked what I heard

Jack Bailey says he pro 2a

he says Maryland should be a carry state and he believes everyone should be able to carry, as long as they are not a prohibited person.

he says he doesn't like and will work against the may issue system in md and even mentioned open carry

hes pro constitution and pro leo since he was a dnr cop until he retired

I likes what he said and he got $250 from me. and he will be getting my vote.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Note the pro 2A Hough is the title of this thread, and Waugh is being discussed. Just to clear up any confusion. Hough+ Waugh- Fred55

Yeah that’s my fault I had a question and asked it but I should have started another thread

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    well since I wrote that post Jack Bailey called me. kinda weird but I liked what I heard

Jack Bailey says he pro 2a

he says Maryland should be a carry state and he believes everyone should be able to carry, as long as they are not a prohibited person.

he says he doesn't like and will work against the may issue system in md and even mentioned open carry

hes pro constitution and pro leo since he was a dnr cop until he retired

I likes what he said and he got $250 from me. and he will be getting my vote.

44 the thing that worries me is that Bailey sounds like hogan years ago and im concerned that hogan is endorsing him I do not trust Hogan at all anymore what say you

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    On FB In couple days after session he posted it was a "great session" I and a couple others called him out , he could have handled that message a bit different . To me it was not a great session , it fell short of that for obvious reasons .

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    As everyone knows, MSI cannot and does not endorse candidates, as we are non-partisan. MSI does provide information on political events as well as information regarding the votes taken by office holders. In that educational role, we can say that Senator Hough has voted, in Committee and on the floor, the right way on every 2A bill of importance, including the right way on HB 1302. He is having a fund raiser. Information attached.

This is where MSI might wish to reach out to their brethren in the WVCDL and figure out how to be able to grade and promote candidates that protect the 2A, while not becoming political. The WVCDL is instrumental in how WV has gone to ConCarry, Sunday hunting, and many other things, in regards to the 2A in WV.

I would imagine if MSI reached out to WVCDL for advice, they would be willing to share knowledge and information.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    This is where MSI might wish to reach out to their brethren in the WVCDL and figure out how to be able to grade and promote candidates that protect the 2A, while not becoming political. The WVCDL is instrumental in how WV has gone to ConCarry, Sunday hunting, and many other things, in regards to the 2A in WV.

I would imagine if MSI reached out to WVCDL for advice, they would be willing to share knowledge and information.

We have actually asked the President of the WVCDL to come and speak at our next membership meeting in June. You can be sure that we will pick his brain on this and other matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom