• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Politicians get annoyed but these stories that they wilt and quit because of "mean" notes...are just fairy tales.

Keyboard Kings are legends in their own mind.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Politicians get annoyed but these stories that they wilt and quit because of "mean" notes...are just fairy tales.

I don't think anyone was literally suggesting that. lighten up.

Mr H

Banana'd
    He did have her all pissed off. She basically said dont ever talk to me again you big meany. There was some not so nice names thrown at him also. And she said she was going to block him from all her social media. Then retreat into her safe space.

She really has started to lose her grip on things. It will be interesting to see if she can keep her composure this election.

All true, and the laugh is on her since I don't go into "social media". That she kept a dossier on me was hilarious.

All of this is on record in my posts at the time, so anyone who missed it could always search for it.

She (and Ted) did say at one point that the pressure of 2013 and 2014 was (paraphrasing) more than they wanted to deal with, and they [likely] wouldn't run again. This is why I've long pushed for continued pressure on them. Just because I had my own reasons for not continuing at the time, is not a reason for folks to be jerks about it. If enough others had done it, too, this would be a non-issue by now. State-freaking-wide.

Sorry I had other pressing issues. I need to stay alive, too.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

For some, it does get under their skin. John Leopold was infamous for how vain he was. He hated any bad press, it got under his skin.

Pam is the same way. She has this image of herself that she wants people to believe. When you challenge that image, she loses herself. It's fun to watch in person. John Grasso is the perfect person to run against her because of his brashness. I dont know if she could keep her composure.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This, 110%!!

But, I can tell you all up front that she cannot handle being called out with actual facts that are contrary to her record.

I think I was just inches from either being hunted down or getting her to quit in a fetal position

I ended up having to focus on other things in my life, but hope to be reloading for the 2018 haul.

I don't think anyone was literally suggesting that. lighten up.

See bolded above.

Politicians fear well-financed opponents and PUBLIC demonstrations that attract unfavorable media attention.

The idea that letters in a file folder--away from
    public view--wreaks havoc is just naive.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    For some, it does get under their skin. John Leopold was infamous for how vain he was. He hated any bad press, it got under his skin.

Pam is the same way. She has this image of herself that she wants people to believe. When you challenge that image, she loses herself. It's fun to watch in person. John Grasso is the perfect person to run against her because of his brashness. I dont know if she could keep her composure.

Thank you for making my point. Exactly--politicians "hate bad press". Does anyone seriously believe politicians hand over "mean" letters in their file drawers to the media so the reporters can gin up their next story? Nope!

I'll say it again: politicians fear CAMPAIGNS against them that the public and the media can see-- and that the politician knows can be seen. That means door-knocking, leafleting, information tables and sign waving on Main Street.

The notion that someone's keyboard produces "Dear Politician" letters with knockdown power is a fantasy.

Everything effective means leaving the house or writing checks. It's that simple.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    All true, and the laugh is on her since I don't go into "social media". That she kept a dossier on me was hilarious.

All of this is on record in my posts at the time, so anyone who missed it could always search for it.

She (and Ted) did say at one point that the pressure of 2013 and 2014 was (paraphrasing) more than they wanted to deal with, and they [likely] wouldn't run again. This is why I've long pushed for continued pressure on them. Just because I had my own reasons for not continuing at the time, is not a reason for folks to be jerks about it. If enough others had done it, too, this would be a non-issue by now. State-freaking-wide.

Sorry I had other pressing issues. I need to stay alive, too.

Honestly I thought your previous posts were in jest until now. So whatever you said to this libtard anti had her on the brink of resigning her office and then you had a personal issue and couldn't persuade anyone else to keep up the pressure and actually cause her to quit, is this right?

And she keeps a dossier on you? How do you know this?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Honestly I thought your previous posts were in jest until now. So whatever you said to this libtard anti had her on the brink of resigning her office and then you had a personal issue and couldn't persuade anyone else to keep up the pressure and actually cause her to quit, is this right?

And she keeps a dossier on you? How do you know this?

Part 1, pretty much spot on.

Part 2, various communications, some of which I have posted here.

But, I really do have other things to attend to at this point.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    All true, and the laugh is on her since I don't go into "social media". That she kept a dossier on me was hilarious...
    "Dossier" sounds all sexy NSA spook Deep State, and under investigation, too. Watch out, you're being tailed...

You sure it wasn't a folder they all call "Constituent Correspondence"?

There are too many dedicated souls here who have stood in the cold, in the rain, in sleet and in the heat to do what keyboardists can't do: have a real impact.

Keyboard fairy tales are not going to go unchallenged when there is so much at stake for 2A in MD. We need real activism.

#ActivismNotSlackivism

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Part 1, pretty much spot on.

Part 2, various communications, some of which I have posted here.

But, I really do have other things to attend to at this point.

Okay, seriously I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I have had legislators swear at me while down on the bricks and never once did I remotely think that they were about to tender their resignation.

If you have this ability it is imperative that you share it with those of us who will gladly use it against Mike & Mike, etc. What else could be more important to all of us who are trying to advance 2A rights in this state?

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    "Dossier" sounds all sexy NSA spook Deep State, and under investigation, too. Watch out, you're being tailed...

Sure it wasn't a folder they all call "Constituent Correspondence"?

There are too many dedicated souls here who have stood in the cold, in the rain, in sleet and in the heat to do what keyboardists can't do: have a real impact.

Keyboard fairy tails are not going to go unchallenged when there is so much at stake. We need real activism.

#ActivismNotSlackivism

I'm not sure who you are arguing with, pretty sure he has you on ignore.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm not sure who you are arguing with, pretty sure he has you on ignore.

The real world doesn't have ignore buttons. Anyway, if he is seeking Ignore Nirvana you are screwing up his bubble up by quoting me.

Mr H's "activism" this past year included dropping into Patriot Picket recruiting/event threads--not to volunteer--but to post "helpful" weather updates about sleet, about rain, about snow, and about a summer heat wave. WTF is that about? Hmmm.

Paul Revere didn't check the weather before he set out to engage in "activism", and as grown men, neither do we. We just go.

qwertee123

Choose Freedom
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2009
    Stuck in MoCo ...
    Okay, seriously I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I have had legislators swear at me while down on the bricks and never once did I remotely think that they were about to tender their resignation.

If you have this ability it is imperative that you share it with those of us who will gladly use it against Mike & Mike, etc. What else could be more important to all of us who are trying to advance 2A rights in this state?

^^^^

Agreed.

If it's that powerful, we need "top men" working on it right away!

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    For those of you who don't know Pam Beidle she is the CNN of politicians. She claims to be neutral while campaigning but votes hard left. And don't let her voting record fool you, she has been "allowed" to vote in favor or against certain bills when the democrats knew they already had enough votes to pass legislation without her.

Voting record

Couldn't find her maiden name anywhere. Anybody know it?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Gentlemen, please stop bickering with one another. The anti's always win when we eat our own.

Rack, I have great respect for you and all the folks in the picket but poking at MR H.' s activism isn't going to make things any better. He has probably done more then at least 50% of the members of this forum have to try to make progress for our rights, including me.

I'm sure I probably don't know the full story but it looks bad when we "go at one another" over the simple things. We are all on the same side here.

No disrespect meant to anyone.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Gentlemen, please stop bickering with one another. The anti's always win when we eat our own.

Rack, I have great respect for you and all the folks in the picket but poking at MR H.' s activism isn't going to make things any better. He has probably done more then at least 50% of the members of this forum have to try to make progress for our rights, including me.

I'm sure I probably don't know the full story but it looks bad when we "go at one another" over the simple things. We are all on the same side here.

I certainly don't have to defend R&R as he is more than capable, but the way I see it he's just calling balls and strikes on this one.

If even the most ardent patriot goes off the rails wouldn't the prudent course of action be to call them on it?

Mr H

Banana'd

I appreciate your thoughts.

The bottom line here is that there are multiple ways to approach any problem, and often there is no one best solution.

Also, people will have different approaches, solutions and levels of success. Every contact is unique, but the broad and consistent application of any tactic is, IMO, the key to its success.

Some people will have broader views, some more focused. Some will be overt, some more subtle. It's just our natures.

I made my mark, FWIW... My only regret is that the momentum on that front ceased. Life happens.

Other avenues are good, too, as has been proven.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

We're all big boys and girls here. We have to speak freely on the subject of activism because too much is at stake.

You say "the Anti's always win when we eat our own". No, the Anti's always win when we don't meet them head on in the media age we are in NOW.

Anti's are not hurting us by writing letters demanding that guns be restricted or confiscated. They are passing FSA2013 BS laws by funding pressure groups, collecting money, and paying union lackeys to give their members days off to demonstrate in Annapolis.

Continuing to reminisce fondly about letters sent to politicians diverts energy and focus, especially for those new to the fight. This is 2017--we can no longer just bring pens & paper to a fist fight.

The new activism is Facebook campaigns, Twitter posts, viral pickups, dot.com pushback and public demonstrations that attract media attention.

The new activism doesn't actually take more time, but it takes more commitment, courage, dedication and follow-through than hitting the send button from the comfort of home.

Sure, write all the letters you want, before you head out the door to a meeting, a demo, a sign event or a donor event with your checkbook. We simply must do more to meet the activism level of the gun haters and cease the self-satisfied salutes to the pen & paper days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom