• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Dear Friends:

Maryland’s business and manufacturing base is thriving. From every corner of our state, we find businesses that are making products and increasing exports every year. This translates into a growing number of good jobs for Marylanders and the region. I recently kicked off my “Made in Maryland” tour at the Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Guitar factory in Stevensville to highlight Maryland’s successful and innovative manufacturers.

I could not be more impressed by my visit to the PRS Guitar factory, which makes high-end guitars that are favored by some of the nation’s most prominent guitarists, including Carlos Santana. The PRS factory is one of the top employers in Queen Anne’s County with approximately 230 workers.

During my visit, founder Paul Reed Smith personally gave me a tour and explained the art of guitar making -- and it truly is an art. The PRS factory was established in 1985, and Paul and his top executives are committed to Maryland. Like so many other Maryland businesses, they also are determined to provide their workforce with the training and expertise they need to make top of the line guitars.

Maryland makes a wide range of diverse products, many with strong export markets. Maryland manufacturing sectors accounted for approximately $16.7 billion in 2009, up almost $3 billion since 2000. Today, more than 114,000 Marylanders are employed in manufacturing. In 2010, manufacturing accounted for 90 percent of Maryland’s exports. Since 2003, Maryland manufacturing exports have risen nearly three times as fast as the state’s overall economy.

As a member of the Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee, my goal in visiting Maryland businesses, especially manufacturing companies, is to meet their employees, talk to business owners and find out about the challenges facing Maryland companies and what the federal government can do to assist them in helping to grow Maryland’s economic base.

If you are or know of a Maryland manufacturer or innovator that I should highlight as my “Made in Maryland” tour crosses the state, please send me details at MadeInMD@cardin.senate.gov.

Sincerely,
    Ben

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    How about a tour of the Baltimore City Detention Center, where future generations of imbecilic, welfare dependent, criminally parasitic Democratics are being spawned?

HoCoJay

Apr 22, 2013
    Made in Maryland Tour? That should be short.

Maybe he could tour some Carrol County meth labs, experience the many fine strains of STDs incubated by the prostitutes at the truck stop in Jessup and exported all up and down the east coast, or sample the wares of the many street-corner entrepreneurs in Baltimore City.

Cardin is right on one thing though for certain: PRS does make a righteous guitar.

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    Small business owners want to see a tax and spend liberal democratic just about as much they want to see their doctor for their annual prostate exam. But remember, they didn't build that.

ericgunn

Feb 21, 2013
    Yeah Maryland is such a great place to have a business :sad20:. There's a reason for the pattern that big companies are leaving Maryland. But some politicians live in a fantasy dream like Ben Cardin. Fortune 500 companies are leaving left and right but still "all is great here".

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Please send Big Ben an email and load his mailbox up telling about the history of the company, how many people they employ and how much revenue they generate for the great state of Maryland.

It will be interesting to see how he picks and chooses places to visit. :innocent0

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Have to admit I shook his hand last week, along with Mayor Blake. Too bad it was work related and had to remain professional.

Sadly the Dems keep us working in my industry and business continues to boom with these jokers.

Feb 28, 2013
    Let's not forget all the "new americans" streaming across the border from Virginia. And now they can get drivers' licenses so they can all go to work at all these MD businesses.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    I used to shake hands and respect many of our elected officials. After seeing the stunts pulled by some of them and how they ignore their constituents and favor party politics. Now I still can shake their hands but the respect comes only after seeing their true character and who they really serve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom