• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It makes sense, but seems unlikely to do anything. Maybe they should pass a law that installs a camera in my house. It doesn't indicate crimes in the past, but may show crimes in the future.

Oh, and make me pay for it.

1984 said:
    The telescreen received and transmitted simultaneously. Any sound Winston made, above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by it; moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever the wanted to. You had to live- did live, from habit that became instinct- in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It makes sense, but seems unlikely to do anything. Maybe they should pass a law that installs a camera in my house. It doesn't indicate crimes in the past, but may show crimes in the future.

Yes, the Simmons bill will have an effect.

I doubt the number is anywhere near 110,000, but believe it will result in more than a few confiscations.

Again, no HQL/no more regulated purchases, there may be prohibited people that have firearms already flying under the radar so to speak.

What the main concern is that the next move is to start boxing in the definition of prohibited persons. With this capability in place, things could get ugly fast.

Alter penalties on obscure charges that no one is watching (not related to firearms), they start decimate firearm ownership quickly.

Quick example. This year, they added a penalty to dumping ANYTHING out of your car window (apple core, piece of paper, etc.) results in suspension of your drivers license.

If they add "suspended driver's license" to the prohibited list, goodbye firearms if you dump your coffee by the side of the road.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Yes, the Simmons bill will have an effect.

I doubt the number is anywhere near 110,000, but believe it will result in more than a few confiscations.

Again, no HQL/no more regulated purchases, there may be prohibited people that have firearms already flying under the radar so to speak.

What the main concern is that the next move is to start boxing in the definition of prohibited persons. With this capability in place, things could get ugly fast.

Alter penalties on obscure charges that no one is watching (not related to firearms), they start decimate firearm ownership quickly.

Quick example. This year, they added a penalty to dumping ANYTHING out of your car window (apple core, piece of paper, etc.) results in suspension of your drivers license.

If they add "suspended driver's license" to the prohibited list, goodbye firearms if you dump your coffee by the side of the road.

Let's say for example, there is a large number of people identified by linking the databases. I wonder how many would still be in possession of the firearm. You can imagine that disqualifying crimes that occurred many years ago...these people may not still possess the original firearm, and will be getting a knock (or maybe "No knock") visit from the MSP. I can't imagine how that would go over.

Take that another step forward. If they come to your house because you became prohibited, and they found no firearms, but they did discover evidence of other criminal activity,.....would that evidence be admissible?

Also, what if you said you didn't own it. How far would they be able to disassemble your house to find it?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Oh, and make me pay for it.

I was going to get a hand in on this but on second thought I better not.:innocent0

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    DC-W: Thanks for the incredible amount of time and effort it took to rip and post those videos:thumbsup::bowdown:

I did nothing there, lol.
    That's all the work of the Maryland Minutemen. I just posted it here. That guy records damn near everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom