• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    MSI is the only group actively working to help the serfs of this "state".
    I stopped providing financial support to The NRA after FSA2013. Change My Mind.

Well, NRA and MSRPA's Malpasso v Palozzi case is one, but groups like the SAF and GOA have also worked directly for us here. I think that the big bats as far as actual influence with people in Annapolis goes are still with MSI though.

No. Short answer. As FFL I have data but it never goes anywhere until I go out of business. At that point I box up records and send them to a warehouse where by current law they are not allowed to go into an electronic database.

Last I knew all of that ends up sitting in some shipping containers outside of the Martinsburg office building. I saw a documentary on it a while ago.

Ooh, found it. It's from GQ and not particularly gun friendly, but if you ever wanted to know where the 4473s end up after an FFL goes out of business, here it is (there's also a cool look at the National Firearms Collection):

Only info that goes anywhere is about you for NICS check. Only thing about weapon is long gun, hand gun or other for Federal Form. State has data on handguns and other regulated sales in MD

Exactly. A lot of people are confused about the NICS check, too. No information on the actual gun is transmitted other than the type, and anyone who's ever been a part of one of those calls will know that the people at NICS will NOT deviate from their script on those calls.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    DU is having a Bull and Oyster Roast this Saturday at the American Legion in Towson. I will make sure to bring up the subject. I am sure the others at my table will do the same!

MSI’s message regarding pending legislation that would mandate a long gun qualification license has been mentioned on Maryland Whitetail as well. Not sure how much either group would help, but it can’t hurt.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    MSI’s message regarding pending legislation that would mandate a long gun qualification license has been mentioned on Maryland Whitetail as well. Not sure how much either group would help, but it can’t hurt.

The more we get the word out the better. Some who have stood by in the past may now see that we are all in this together!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    good lord , these 3 bills are the nightmare I've been waiting on to show up for about 5 years now.

these 3 pass, and we blow past California as the worst state in the country for gun law.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I recently wrestled with this... NRA totally turned me off with their capitulation on the bump stock issue. I ultimately decided that they are still the 800 lb. Gorilla and if they loose strength we all suffer.

I resolved to double down. I still support NRA financially (after I registered my disappointment with them), but I've stepped up contributions to others and MSI is high on the list. Will be forgoing some purchases this year to help contribute to the cause and make sure my kids and future grandkids can still know liberty.

Keep in mind that last year Bloomberg singled the NRA out for a death match. That was shortly before the mentally challenged but big of mouth started the MSM-backed campaign to destroy the "Gun Lobby."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Well, NRA and MSRPA's Malpasso v Palozzi case is one, but groups like the SAF and GOA have also worked directly for us here. I think that the big bats as far as actual influence with people in Annapolis goes are still with MSI though.

Last I knew all of that ends up sitting in some shipping containers outside of the Martinsburg office building. I saw a documentary on it a while ago.

Ooh, found it. It's from GQ and not particularly gun friendly, but if you ever wanted to know where the 4473s end up after an FFL goes out of business, here it is (there's also a cool look at the National Firearms Collection):

Exactly. A lot of people are confused about the NICS check, too. No information on the actual gun is transmitted other than the type, and anyone who's ever been a part of one of those calls will know that the people at NICS will NOT deviate from their script on those calls.

From the video (2:51 - 2:56): "...All those documents come in, and they gotta be sorted and then they get scanned..." Having PMed a couple of OCR projects in my day, if the forms are scanned, then the data can be retrieved via automation. So it's not a database, but data can be located and retrieved...

ETA:
    Granted, the hard copy documents are converted to PDF and then gif files and tagged with identification metadata tags, so it's done the hard way by law. But if the law is changes and with a [RELATIVELY SMALL] expenditure they can be indexed and retrieved rather easily. And voila! A National Gun Registry!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    good lord , these 3 bills are the nightmare I've been waiting on to show up for about 5 years now.

these 3 pass, and we blow past California as the worst state in the country for gun law.

Nah, NJ is still the worst. If you can even consider them part of the US. Though they aren’t worse by much.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The Senate Bill has limited cosponsorship. The House Bill though.....quite scary.

Looks like this will have a little more trouble in the Senate but will sail through the house if leadership allows it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom