• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    First off, please write your senator, I know it might fall on deaf ears, but you can remind them that Canada did a long gun registry and it costs millions and millions of dollars and it did not prevent or solve ONE crime. This bill is more to harass political opponents and to raise more money. The HQL couldn't cover BOTH? Just change the title to FQL. No, this way the state can get more money.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Moving to PA or VA is just moving to a pot with a slower boil. Other states are pushing antigun laws too. Look at the BS Florida pulled.

No one here is escaping the antigun agenda. It's fight or surrender.

I agree, PA and VA are way too blue for me. There are still states out there where gun rights are moving in the right direction, no pun intended. Hell, being a DC resident is a lot better than it was 15 years ago. Maryland, not so much. Granted, I would probably pick Maryland over DC.

SCOTUS has got to do something about this sometime soon. That might be the only hope we have as a nation.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Moving to PA or VA is just moving to a pot with a slower boil. Other states are pushing antigun laws too. Look at the BS Florida pulled.

You're right. In VA the GOP only have a 1 member majority. They get a RINO to go with them and "blue dog Dems" don't exist anymore, they pass a slew of anti-gun bills.

As I have said earlier, most Americans don't realize they are losing their rights and freedoms and if it doesn't affect them they don't care. They don't think their is a reason they would need to protect themselves until its too late.

Juche90

May 10, 2014

Only need six more years and I can go back to the Midwest. By the time they catch up I’ll be out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    When will Law Enforcement step up and do what is right? When will they refuse to enforce this unconstitutional B.S. ???? We need to get law enforcement to back us up on this! Again we have played defense for too long folks! We need to start playing some hardcore offense and This kind of crap cannot be allowed to stand!

rob b

c@r collecting
    When will Law Enforcement step up and do what is right? When will they refuse to enforce this unconstitutional B.S. ???? We need to get law enforcement to back us up on this! Again we have played defense for too long folks! We need to start playing some hardcore offense and This kind of crap cannot be allowed to stand!

maybe never, MD always lets the LEO have what the average joe cant to get them on board with the infringement

this is not in any way a bash or nasty remark toward any LEO

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Pennsylvania has nowhere near the demographic change that Virginia has. Not remotely comparable.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I guess we are going to have to start protesting like the left. Vulgar picket signs screaming crying and protesting around Annapolis. At this point what options do we have ? We are now in an endless tilde wave of stupidity. What tactics do we have left. They have no interest in any factual or logical arguments. :sad20:

Then you'll run into the whole anti-Patriot Picket syndrome. "If only you folks were polite about your issues, the GA would be more likely to take you seriously".

Right.

4000+ 2A supporters show up in Annapolis in 2013, and you saw what the GA did. That was us being polite.

There's SERIOUS campaign money coming from Bloomberg; there are no fence-sitters who are going to pay attention to a minority of citizens if they satnd to lose the bucks.

Then there's the "Certainly the LEOs are not going to accept this; they'll protect our rights".

Right. They'll come out of the woodwork to support is, once they retire with full pensions. Unless they move to a freer state, of course.

Then there's the idea that reason will overcome. Well, they've been given facts before, but money talks, and facts that counter their position are ignored or distorted to fit whatever argument they come up with to justify their actions.

It will come down to either SCOTUS stomping on this nonsense, or "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!" I don't think there are many here who can stomach the latter. Also problematic is that our oppressors don't wear bright red uniforms; they're stealthy targets.

Meet your legislators. Express your concerns. They won't care, of course, but you will be able to recognise them, later. . . .

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    This may generate some snarky/funny responses, but does anyone know what the purpose of this law is per the sponsors? As in, this law is going to fix X or prevent Y. Other than just being gun control freaks, it seems like this is a solution looking for a problem.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    We've been talking about the IGMs (I've got mine) for years, and it wasn't taken seriously by nearly enough people.

Their complacency is more likely than ever before to bring down 2A in Maryland.

I love my dad to death, but right now I am pissed at him. Told him about this and his response was, "I already have all the guns I want."

Alright, well how about me, your other children, your grandkids, your great grandkids, etc. He complains about how this country is going down the toilet, but at the age of 77 just does not care to do anything about it. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to give me a migraine and then an ulcer.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Would be a collector make a difference?

Nope.

That's only for "regulated firearms" (i.e. pistols, these days). This bill does not make long guns "regulated," it just puts these additional controls on them.

In fact, the specific line of the bill says "B) A PERSON MAY NOT PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN OTHER THAN A REGULATED FIREARM IN A 30–DAY PERIOD."

The "rifle or shotgun other than a regulated firearm" is the terrible wording that they use throughout the bill to refer to the arms that this bill effects, (i.e. "long guns that aren't already regulated.") In other words, this on-per-30-days sale restriction applies to ONLY non-regulated firearms, and the Designated Collector status is only for regulated firearms.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I read the fine print of the Bill, and noticed a few things :

The process has changed from the Handgun process, for the worse . After the 7 day wait, the physical hand over must take place at the FFL that is facilitating the Transfer .

No mention of MSP being able to facilitate .

In addition to the Rifle or Shotgun being C&R Eligible , the Buyer/ Transferee must also have an FFL 003 .

And I noticed somthing I will NOT mention on the Internet . I will be at my usual expected location this Saturday , ask me in person .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This may generate some snarky/funny responses, but does anyone know what the purpose of this law is per the sponsors? As in, this law is going to fix X or prevent Y. Other than just being gun control freaks, it seems like this is a solution looking for a problem.

The purpose of these laws is to obtain the continuing flow of funds from Bloomberg and he DNC.

Politicians in MD march in lockstep; if they dare to exercise independent judgement, their next campaign will wither on the vine without funding from Above.

Obviously these laws have nothing - zero - nada - to do with crime, "gun violence" or whatever else they may throw out as a reason. They are demonstrating their loyalty to their masters and source of funds.

Given the total lack of rational solutions to Baltimore's homicide rate, it's doubtful that they really wish to do anything about that issue. They don't care how many gangbangers kill each other, it's just more fodder for the lawyers who run the show, and who profit handsomely from the caseload.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I love my dad to death, but right now I am pissed at him. Told him about this and his response was, "I already have all the guns I want."

Alright, well how about me, your other children, your grandkids, your great grandkids, etc. He complains about how this country is going down the toilet, but at the age of 77 just does not care to do anything about it. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to give me a migraine and then an ulcer.

I can understand his sentiment. Right now we pretty much all feel hopeless and powerless to do anything. We need to all stop negotiating with them and we need to start taking action. Whether that means writing letters, donating money or aid to the cause, getting thousands of protesters to Annapolis like we did previously. I don't have all the answers on what we should be doing or what we need to do but we can't play defense on this anymore! The time for compromise and negotiation is over! Every individual must do what they feel is right to fight this B.S. I'll be donating to Maryland Shall Issue and other gun rights groups but it hasn't really done anything to stop this madness in the past. I certainly feel that we need to stop bickering between each other and we need to get organized. We also need law enforcement on our side in this fight! We've got to get them to understand and follow their oath!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom