• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I don't want to offend anyone, but is anyone else awestruck by the number of Jewish people that support gun control? One would think that given their history with gun control in Germany in the 1930s, they wouldn't seem to be likely GC advocates. Again, no offense intended, but anyone else find it weird?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I don't want to offend anyone, but is anyone else awestruck by the number of Jewish people that support gun control? One would think that given their history with gun control in Germany in the 1930s, they wouldn't seem to be likely GC advocates. Again, no offense intended, but anyone else find it weird?

It's one of those 800lb gorilla's in the room.

The problem is that many American Jews are reform jews. Reform Judaism is like a carbon copy of the Democratic party, only with some support for Israel.

These Jews often lack proper understanding of Jewish customs and Torah.

I spent a year living around Orthodox Jews, knowing very little about Judaism beforehand, and now can often out talk reform Jews on points of torah.

Now that said, Judaism does have strong parallels with the Democratic party, but there are key differences that are HUGE.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

The problem is that many American Jews are reform jews. Reform Judaism is like a carbon copy of the Democratic party, only with some support for Israel.

I spent a year living around Orthodox Jews, knowing very little about Judaism beforehand, and now can often out talk reform Jews on points of torah.

Now that said, Judaism does have strong parallels with the Democratic party, but there are key differences that are HUGE.

Its called magical thinking. It does little good bring up the truth , as their entire physiology is tied up in denying. As for me, I just say NEVER AGAIN. Then I ask if they would mind if I denied knowing them since I consider their kind a security risk ;)

I have stopped trying to explain it. I just make sure they know that I will leave them behind should the need arise.

Just seek those who think otherwise. They are many. They do not speak out because of social pressure. But they are there.:)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

You need a hobby. :D

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.

it's the secular ones (which I think is most, like New York). And with company like Joseph Lieberman it's hard to be liked (though he is Orthodox). This guy has backed every encroachment on the Bill of Rights I can recall as of recent.

800 lbs gorilla in the room, and not just with the 2A issue.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival ...

Frank Lautenberg, oldest U.S. senator, dies at 89

Well, he 'retired' permanently ... :innocent0

I know that you should speak well of the dead, but this doddering old fool should have 'retired' a LONG time ago. Unfortunately, Christie will appoint his replacement. Luckily, none of his 'signature' gun control legislation passed ... even though his cohorts 'raised him from the dead' to register his vote to the affirmative.

Lautenberg had been battling muscle fatigue and weakness in his legs for more than a month when he made a dramatic return to the U.S. Capitol on April 17 to vote on bills to reduce gun violence, one of his pet issues. He was ushered onto the Senate floor in a wheelchair, and proudly called out "aye" in support of expanded background checks on gun purchases -- a measure that ultimately failed. On the same day, Lautenberg's amendment to impose a 10-round limit on ammunition clips was also rejected.

Hopefully, those same sycophants won't try to revive those efforts 'in his honor' ... :sad20:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Frank Lautenberg, oldest U.S. senator, dies at 89

Well, he 'retired' permanently ... :innocent0

I know that you should speak well of the dead, but this doddering old fool should have 'retired' a LONG time ago. Unfortunately, Christie will appoint his replacement. Luckily, none of his 'signature' gun control legislation passed ... even though his cohorts 'raised him from the dead' to register his vote to the affirmative.

Hopefully, those same sycophants won't try to revive those efforts 'in his honor' ... :sad20:

Why? If they were a55holes, who cares. I don't speak well of ted kennedy.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I hope that he gains the divine wisdom to see that self defense is a god given right.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Maybe Christie should just appoint himself as the replacement?

He'd almost have to be dragged kicking and screaming at that point, into voting with the Rs... ESPECIALLY if he wanted support for 2016...

Don't worry, no one would volunteer to drag him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom