• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1920118&highlight=prediction#post1920118
    november 4th, 2012
    9) guns rights are attacked through something from the executive. There will likely be a large VERY visible series of criminal acts using "assault weapons and high capacity magazines".

Does this make me psychic?(i'll admit I missed the mark on some of the other ones...I really didn't expect the republicans in the senate to perform as poorly as they did, I'm still amazed gas prices haven't popped up over $4 yet, perhaps february that will happen)

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    It's really sad because I only have $50 dollars to donate. I'd love to send it all to a Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting fund, but I'm going to be forced to send at least half of it to the NRA.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

RUOMO10

Dec 16, 2012
    Maryland
    It amazes me how gun ownership and the NRA is seen as something so evil, but the Fast Furious Operation does not upset people. I guess people do not have a problem when the government actually gives guns to the bad guys.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    A bill with no financial stipulations may originate in the senate and enter the presidents desk. If said bill is passed the house must then convene to "verify" in which case it is enacted. Feinstein has enough votes in house, she just needs senate and POTUS to sign off.

That is the danger. Now if they enact a funds request for enforcement and don't use FY13 funds then the house must author and also gets OMB and CBO involved.

OMB - office of management and budget

CBO - congressional budget office.

Feinstein is in the Senate, and in the new session the Democrats have what, a four seat advantage? Like I said, I don't see any R voting for it, but I can foresee several D Senators voting it down. Reports this past week have said that even the tax hike is not certain to pass the Senate due to some of these D Senators.

As for the House, R's control it and again I think several D's wood vote against a ban.

That being said, I wouldn't put it past Obama to try and enact an Executive Order reducing our rights.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If one considers the case of the tax increases, one may get a sense of how this may turn out as well.

That's one thing I was also thinking about that concerns me somewhat. We now have an administration who seems to think that the election results have given them full dictatorial powers. No willingness to compromise or even examine the case as to whether or not what they're demanding is even going to do anything to solve the problem. The power of the presidency is great when it comes to intimidating individual congressmen into acquiescence, Lyndon Johnson showed us that. But I think we do have enough political strength in the House to repel another AWB, in the Senate I am not so sure.

Again, it's Annapolis and the coming General Assembly session that concerns me the most right now. The MoCo County syndicate who runs the General Assembly and their allies from both beltways are going to be foaming at the mouth to turn the state into little New Jersey.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    We now have an administration who seems to think that the election results have given them full dictatorial powers. No willingness to compromise or even examine the case as to whether or not what they're demanding is even going to do anything to solve the problem.

Just a couple thoughts on "Compromise"

In order for there to be "Compromise" there needs to be acceptance that there is agreement on the general subject at hand.

Take the example of an electrician and a homeowner.

The homeowner wants a new outside light wired up on a motion detector.

The electrician comes in and give an estimate

There's an agreement that one is willing to PROVIDE a service and the other is willing to PURCHASE the service.....all that remains to "COMPROMISE" on is price.

In the case of Consevatives v Liberals there IS no Comprimise nor CAN there be.

There can only be capitulation of principles.

Why is this important?

Well.....its important to accurately characterize what has been and continues to go on......."Compromise" in the eyes of Liberals is a one way street......Libs make demands and Conservatives knuckle under and Capitulate........and they call it "Compromise"

When the reverse happens its called extortion, bullying, intimidation, <insert negative implication>

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    When Feinstein brings this up in committee, I would LOVE to see the following exchange, but I don't think there's anyone with enough balls to do it:

Sen X "So Sen Feinstein, I understand that the reason you want to bring this bill forward is to protect against the mindless slaughter of innocent children?"

Sen Feinstein: "That's correct, these are instruments of death, and we must do everything in our power to protect children from being killed."

X "This may come as a shock, but I completely agree with you, so I'm sure that we will be able to work on this issue of protecting innocent children"

F "I'm happy to hear that and am pleased to see that we understand the magnitude of this situation."

X "To that end, Senator, I propose that we place a ban on all surgical scalpels. Because as horrific as it is to hear that these children had no chance against a madman with a gun, of which less than 100 a year suffer, the I think we can all agree that we need to put an end to their fleas slaughter of millions of innocent children at the hands if madmen doctors who take the lives of children before they even draw their first breath..."

And let the fireworks begin....

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Mixing the issue of 2A rights and abortion is not a good idea.

We need to make 2A inclusive of everyone, not just those who oppose abortion.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Any politician who has checked the polls sees that the public has not been swayed by this evil.

Amazingly, this time they see that you can't legislate sanity, nor make something "more illegal"

Feinstein's blathering is for internal consumption, restrictions and bans fell dead when the left had a majority, more moot now.

The problem is the Dems control the urban populations there re-elections are secure and if in doubt re-draw the district lines.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Again, it's Annapolis and the coming General Assembly session that concerns me the most right now. The MoCo County syndicate who runs the General Assembly and their allies from both beltways are going to be foaming at the mouth to turn the state into little New Jersey.

This all day. The anti-gun forces have a blank check in Annapolis this year.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    More filth I heard come out of her mouth while she was a guest on meet the press this weekend...

"the rights of the few do not outweigh the safety of the mass public"

Unbelievable.....

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1920118&highlight=prediction#post1920118
    november 4th, 2012

Does this make me psychic?(i'll admit I missed the mark on some of the other ones...I really didn't expect the republicans in the senate to perform as poorly as they did, I'm still amazed gas prices haven't popped up over $4 yet, perhaps february that will happen)

If you are, I want the winning lottery numbers! :D

The media are playing out the crazy season to further instill fear among the populace, while raking a few $$$ in.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That's one thing I was also thinking about that concerns me somewhat. We now have an administration who seems to think that the election results have given them full dictatorial powers. No willingness to compromise or even examine the case as to whether or not what they're demanding is even going to do anything to solve the problem. The power of the presidency is great when it comes to intimidating individual congressmen into acquiescence, Lyndon Johnson showed us that. But I think we do have enough political strength in the House to repel another AWB, in the Senate I am not so sure.

Like that mental health board the was convened?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I agree that this is more what we need to focus on. There's no chance of an AWB passing at the federal level, but we may have a hell of a fight on our hands at the state level. I am not quite as pessimistic about this as some others, but we need to keep our eyes open.

Like that mental health board the was convened?
    This kind of reasoning is basically our best chance. We're already doing something, let's let them do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom