• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If the buyer is out of state, you just send it to the dealer of their choice. You don't need to unregister it here (this is why the registry is not particularly useful).

Make sure you get a copy of the FFL certificate of the dealer, of course, so you can confirm they're legit:
    https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    if you have a zero (0) rating, you will have a hard time selling a gun on gunbroker. Noone will want to bid on a item where their rating is low. Your best bet if you really want to sell some items on GB is to buy some items on there to get a decent rating, then start selling on GB.

I would post it on here first, thats your best bet.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I've sold a lot on GB. If you start out with a 0 rating ask in the description for them to contact you before bidding to reassure you’re not a con person. And discuss the terms of the sale with them. I always do Money order and shop from a dealer that you can work with.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    If you mail a handgun, it is supposed to go through ups or fedex overnight. A long gun can go through usps. If mailing yourself, I suggest signature confirmation, and insurance. Or just use a ffl, if the price is reasonable. The common payment type to accept is a postal money order. They can be verified at the post office, so there isn't a delay in shipping. There are also a lot of "hometown" forums, and other misc forums that you can post on for free. Examples are mdshooters, pafoa, vaguntrader, ar15.com, THR, ect.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Yes, there is a listing fee depending on how aggressive you want your ad to be and them a % fee when it sells.

clarkcondor

Mar 29, 2011
    Catonsville
    Any cautionary tales about selling on GB? I've been burned so many times buying that I now use it only as a picture and price reference or for parts.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    If you select a reputable dealer with high ratings it should be ok. Ask questions and don't trust poor quality pictures. If its a private seller there is more risk. On another board like gunboards look for a high post count, good pics, a rating and get the sellers personal information, phone number, real name, address - not a p.o. box and ask questions.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you treat GB like eBay and follow the same rules, you should be fine. Only time I've ever been scammed on a gun-related deal was someone selling me a fake C-More... and I got my money back pretty easily. (And, incidentally, the fake C-More was "accidentally" broken by myself when I attempted to remove the diode, so no one else should be seeing it, either. :)) But that was a case where I took a chance on a low-rated seller (on Amazon) and got burned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom