• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    I am a Md. resident with some 30 round magazines to sell. What are my options? Can I list them for sale online, then sell and ship them to someone out of state? Thank you.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    4-305. Detachable magazines - prohibited.
    (a) Scope of section. This section does not
    apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.
    (b) Prohibited. A person may not manufacture,
    sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or
    transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity
    of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for
    a firearm.
    4-306. Penalties.
    (a) In general. A person who violates this
    subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction
    is subject to imprisonment not exceeding
    3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

Unless everything from offering them for sale, selling them, dropping them off at the post office, and the recipient reciving them happens outside of MD, you are "technically" breaking this ridiculous law.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    i would recommend going to an out of state gun show, puruse the grounds and get a feel for prices that day, and try and hock them there on site.

either that, or meet a buddy out of state somewhere and give them to a good home.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I recommend we make sure this guy knows the actual law and then delete the thread. No sense in alerting some overachieving LEO about his questions and intent.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Figure out what the current price is, go to the Dullas show with a sign on your back and sell them there.
    This is of course If he is allowed to sell at the show? im not sure how that works. I would assume it to be fine.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    WHY? There are at least two questions a month about this subject.

i guess because simply stating your have some for sale could be construed as "offering for sale"... then again it IS a very serious and often misunderstood portion of state law.

it might be best to just make a definative thread on the subject and have it stickied so it's easy to find. can anyone write good? i didn't finish the third grade.. :o

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Gentlemen, thank you for your replies. Out of state gun show is a great idea.
    About asking any question regardless of subject or content, let's not forget we have a First Amendment, also.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Gentlemen, thank you for your replies. Out of state gun show is a great idea.
    About asking any question regardless of subject or content, let's not forget we have a First Amendment, also.

you should be able to sell them at a gun show no problem...just like you can buy a pickup bed full of 30rd magazines and bring them back into the state so long as you dont sell, trade, give barter, etc them to someone else "IN" the state...stupid law that really doesnt help stopping or slowing down ANY criminal activities... but hey welcome to MD:sad20:

sad thing about the first amendment it seems like it only applies to liberal hippies crying and protesting war heros and killed soldiers...nowdays if you support the 2A you are labeled a terrorist and it seems like you dont have any 1A rights...:sad20:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    you should be able to sell them at a gun show no problem...just like you can buy a pickup bed full of 30rd magazines and bring them back into the state so long as you dont sell, trade, give barter, etc them to someone else "IN" the state...stupid law that really doesnt help stopping or slowing down ANY criminal activities... but hey welcome to MD:sad20:

sad thing about the first amendment it seems like it only applies to liberal hippies crying and protesting war heros and killed soldiers...nowdays if you support the 2A you are labeled a terrorist and it seems like you dont have any 1A rights...:sad20:

you always have 1st amendment rights so long as you actively practice your 2nd amendment rights.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    The law limiting sales of 30rd mags, helps us out by making the anti-gunners feel like they are safer, and we just have to deal with a little inconvience.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I would love to have someone figure out how much tax revenue this absurd law has cost the state and then present that figure to the state legislature and ask them to explain why such a law is in place.

Figure the loss of sales tax at the gun shops and gun shows, the additional business tax that those in state vendors would pay, etc...

Really, how many people have been arrested on this stupid law? How much crime has been deterred?

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Well when I was doing a drive-by the other night with my 10-22 I only could shoot 20 innocent bystanders before I had to reload. See the life savings right there? :rolleyes:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Well when I was doing a drive-by the other night with my 10-22 I only could shoot 20 innocent bystanders before I had to reload. See the life savings right there? :rolleyes:

See that's why you need a tube-fed .22lr filled with heat-seeking tracers! It'll fit a bazillion rounds! I've been practicing my sideways lever-action technique :cool:

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    The law limiting sales of 30rd mags, helps us out by making the anti-gunners feel like they are safer, and we just have to deal with a little inconvience.

Sorry, but I disagree ...
    IMO, any laws which put restrictions/limitations on guns, ammo and/or gun ownership only help pave the way for more severe restrictions/limitations or worse.

It's only "a little inconvenience" until you look at the bigger picture. ;)

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Sorry, but I disagree ...
    IMO, any laws which put restrictions/limitations on guns, ammo and/or gun ownership only help pave the way for more severe restrictions/limitations or worse.

It's only "a little inconvenience" until you look at the bigger picture. ;)
    Agreed.

Everyone with good intentions, but a bad understanding of the real problem, wants to throw the Antis a bone.

They propose to give up something they perceive as painless or easy, in order to ensure the security of something else. In this situation, they propose to give up full capacity magazines in the hope that they can keep their limited capacity magazines and their scary looking firearms.

They are living the fantasy that the Antis will, at some point, be satisfied and leave the rest of us alone. This approach is insanity in it's classic form,
    and does nothing to help.

Wake up. The Antis will not be satisfied, and agreeing to the lie that any certain facet of firearms and accessories is somehow inherently evil is not only counterproductive, but also just plain stupid. Yes, "stupid", and there is no other word to describe it.

Just the fact that this law exists harms us all. 20 round magazines, which are rather obsolete for many firearms, command a premium, and we have to pay more for a reduced capacity magazine than we would a standard capacity magazine. We have to burn time & gas to procure the correct magazine for the firearm, and are made to feel as if we are somehow compelled to skirt the law most of us happily obey. Our suppliers have to spend time & money to learn about and comply with these stupid laws, and pass this idiotic expense on to us.

In the end, we all pay a major premium on yet another bullsh!t feel-good law that does nothing to punish or deter violence, and only reinforces the myth that full capacity magazines are evil. In fact, it could be said that they are SO evil and scary, even many shooters are afraid of them and are willing to let them go without a struggle or cross word.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I am a Md. resident with some 30 round magazines to sell. What are my options? Can I list them for sale online, then sell and ship them to someone out of state? Thank you.

so if you and I were to coincidently bump into each other in Gettysburg what sort of mags would you happen to have on you and how much each? :innocent0

Not that I'm interested - I'm just taking a survey on market availablility and price :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom