• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    I know this is an odd question since most people are trying to bring mags into MD. I also know people will respond with, "you can't have too many mags".

I'm of the mindset, buy first, think later. Especially with hard to find items. Well, I bought a ton of magazines when the opportunity presented itself and now I feel like I've overstepped my budget for mags.

So my question to the community, what are my options for selling 30 round magazines as a MD resident? Must I cross the border in order to sell off my extra mags? Can I sell them online to a non-MD resident? Can I ship to friends in gun friendly states and have them sell them for me? And if I ship them, do I need to use a drop off outside of the state?

Yeah...MD laws are dumb.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I know this is an odd question since most people are trying to bring mags into MD. I also know people will respond with, "you can't have too many mags".

I'm of the mindset, buy first, think later. Especially with hard to find items. Well, I bought a ton of magazines when the opportunity presented itself and now I feel like I've overstepped my budget for mags.

So my question to the community, what are my options for selling 30 round magazines as a MD resident? Must I cross the border in order to sell off my extra mags? Can I sell them online to a non-MD resident? Can I ship to friends in gun friendly states and have them sell them for me? And if I ship them, do I need to use a drop off outside of the state?

Yeah...MD laws are dumb.

Be safe. Do it outside Maryland... I am sure you will be able to sell them at a gun show , just don't expect people to pay up as the panic appears to be be done...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You must sell, transfer possession, and/or ship them in another state. Do not attempt to ship them from within MD.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Question to the group, what is the likelihood this person is a LEO looking for someone that will by a 30 round mag in state as a setup sting? I'm just saying.

LEO no I doubt that. Liberal looking for a story to feed the press maybe.

LEO would just approach in a parking lot out side a gun show....

And if I see something like that I would have to call the msp, Because... well how would I know its a sting and not a real conspiracy....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You must sell, transfer possession, and/or ship them in another state. Do not attempt to ship them from within MD.
    It's not quite as open-and-shut as that. Maryland has no ability to regulate interstate commerce, and it is very, very questionable whether they'd be able to make a court case stick if they tried to bust someone for selling and shipping mags out of state. (This is the same reason MD has not gotten involved with C&R handguns from out of state; Gansler has properly declared he doesn't have the authority to regulate that.)

If you want to be super-safe, ship from out of state, but I'm not convinced it's necessary.

pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    Question to the group, what is the likelihood this person is a LEO looking for someone that will by a 30 round mag in state as a setup sting? I'm just saying.

Definitely not LEO. But then again, no way for you guys to know. But how about I say, just trust me...not LEO.

Here's some background. I, like everyone else, was panic buying. I'm also a deal hunter (slickdeals in my best friend). Motto of any deal hunter..."buy now, regret later...you can always sell the excess."

Needless to say, I bought too many mags. At least, too much in my mind (and my pocketbook). Therefore, I'd like to offload a few now that the dust has settled.

Besides, in my original post, I wasn't asking people on this forum if they wanted to buy from me. Also, I posted this thread in the Maryland 2A Issues section and not the Classifieds...so I think it's safe to say, I'm not looking for buyers...just looking for clarification and advice.

Honestly, I'm so paranoid of doing something wrong, I almost want to avoid selling to another MD'er. I've already received offers I had to turn down.

I have a friend out of state...I will probably ask him to sell them for me. Based on what people have been saying, I'll leave the state to have them shipped to him. Thanks for the advice everyone.

pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    LEO no I doubt that. Liberal looking for a story to feed the press maybe.

LEO would just approach in a parking lot out side a gun show....

And if I see something like that I would have to call the msp, Because... well how would I know its a sting and not a real conspiracy....

All you have to do is look at some of my post. Not LEO nor liberal.

Besides, some people on the forum can vouch for me...although they would probably say I'm a pain in the a$$ with my paranoia and questions. I'm just relatively new to all of this. It's easy to know what you can and cannot buy because it's pretty much laid out for you. But I've never had to sell anything gun related until now.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I think the whole offering for sale thing in the state means ftf selling/transfers.

I don't see a problem selling them on Gunbroker as long as the buyer is out of state.

I would also include in the description: "I will ship to Gunbroker address only" and "buyer is responsible for knowing his/her laws regarding receipt of high capacity magazines".

No one can know all laws nor should they be required to.

There are plenty of good websites that list magazine capacity by county, city, and state.

RE: Sting and Conspiracy. Just because you're paraniod, it doesn't mean someone is not out to get you.

Just my .02

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    All you have to do is look at some of my post. Not LEO nor liberal.

Besides, some people on the forum can vouch for me...although they would probably say I'm a pain in the a$$ with my paranoia and questions. I'm just relatively new to all of this. It's easy to know what you can and cannot buy because it's pretty much laid out for you. But I've never had to sell anything gun related until now.

Not serious.:) Just pointing out that leos would not waste time on this... As far liberal goes It was Shot at liberals who would waste their time on this, Not you.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's not quite as open-and-shut as that. Maryland has no ability to regulate interstate commerce, and it is very, very questionable whether they'd be able to make a court case stick if they tried to bust someone for selling and shipping mags out of state. (This is the same reason MD has not gotten involved with C&R handguns from out of state; Gansler has properly declared he doesn't have the authority to regulate that.)

Anybody stupid enough to try is well deserving of whatever stupid prizes they are ceremoniously awarded at sentencing. It's like trying to be a Darwin Award winner.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I think the whole offering for sale thing in the state means ftf selling/transfers.

I don't see a problem selling them on Gunbroker as long as the buyer is out of state.

I would also include in the description: "I will ship to Gunbroker address only" and "buyer is responsible for knowing his/her laws regarding receipt of high capacity magazines".

No one can know all laws nor should they be required to.

There are plenty of good websites that list magazine capacity by county, city, and state.

RE: Sting and Conspiracy. Just because you're paraniod, it doesn't mean someone is not out to get you.

Just my .02

He is not offering high capacity mags. He only has standard capacity mags he is trying to get rid of.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Last time I heard, 30 rounders are "high capacity" in Notsomerryland.

That's what he's talking about.

We're not talking about the standard 30 round, standard capacity magazines that come with standard ar15 rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom