• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    i know Select Fire is not the favorite shooting range of a lot of guys here because of personnel and personalities but has anybody used them for transfers or ar/ak builds?

how was your experience? can i expect to feel like more of a dummy than normal?

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! No 8th day release, not even for DC and previous nd. Guy at counter gonna say transfer price is 100$. They have rip off prices
    They don't even know the laws. They tell customers that its illegal to release after 8th day. Their voice mail is always full. The owners Wayne is gone till like sat I was told. There rude and no customer service skills

I REGRET DOING A PURCHASE THERE!!

They can check the gun laws or any state law as of matter of fact @ Maryland general Assembly website http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    my first encounter with these guys was back in december while i was shopping around for my first gun purchase and my experience was like most others... i walked out feeling like a dummy... and didn't want to go back.

but they are the most conveniently locate shooting range and so i finally went back last month and it was actually not too bad.

i don't know if they got new staff or something but the guy i spoke on the phone with about transfers yesterday was friendly. (sounded new because he wasn't sure of a lot of things i had questions about)

I REGRET DOING A PURCHASE THERE!!

how long ago did you go there? did you buy an AR they built? was the quality alright but the service sucked?

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Rule number one: Do not go to Select Fire.
    Rule number two: Consult rule number one.

There is no reason why anybody in Glen Burnie should ever go there considering that GunConnection, The Gun Shop, On Target, 2A Sales, Scott's, Accurate Pawn and Tackle, and Freestate are within an easy drive.

Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    While I have not bought from them before, I have been inside the shop and did not like the atmosphere/attitude of the person working so I too left. There are quite a few IP's who are only 30-40 minutes away I personally who not take the chance. Save yourself the potential headache and go to a shop most people like

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    Don't give them any business, I went in the place one time, I was the only customer, and halfway Into my question, the shop attendant walk away...

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Rule number one: Do not go to Select Fire.
    Rule number two: Consult rule number one.

There is no reason why anybody in Glen Burnie should ever go there considering that GunConnection, The Gun Shop, On Target, 2A Sales, Scott's, Accurate Pawn and Tackle, and Freestate are within an easy drive.

This ^^^^

I wonder if the employee that's a member here is going to chime in.

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    my first encounter with these guys was back in december while i was shopping around for my first gun purchase and my experience was like most others... i walked out feeling like a dummy... and didn't want to go back.

but they are the most conveniently locate shooting range and so i finally went back last month and it was actually not too bad.

i don't know if they got new staff or something but the guy i spoke on the phone with about transfers yesterday was friendly. (sounded new because he wasn't sure of a lot of things i had questions about)

how long ago did you go there? did you buy an AR they built? was the quality alright but the service sucked?

April 16-17 I was at the store and made purchases. There voice mail is always full for some reason! They ignorant! Was there for at build tho

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    The whole enviroment/attitude thing has been beaten to death, so I won't cover it again.

All I will say is that the last time I wentin, I saw some AR's they had available, asked them how much, and got a response back that was 2x-3x more than would have been reasonable (even at the inflated January/February prices). I kept my cool, pretended to finish looking at the rest of the stuff in the counter so as not to offend anyone, then promptly turned around and left.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish

SelectFire was far from my first choice but i'm looking into having a SBR/AOW built and i think Scotts is the only licensed manufacturer you listed and they aren't taking transfers right now... none of the IP's i've contacted either can or will right now because of all the craziness. so i looked up SelectFire as kind of a last resort...

i'm trying to gauge whether or not they'd be worth the headache but looking like i should just hold out until a quality dealer is available!

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    The whole enviroment/attitude thing has been beaten to death, so I won't cover it again.

All I will say is that the last time I wentin, I saw some AR's they had available, asked them how much, and got a response back that was 2x-3x more than would have been reasonable (even at the inflated January/February prices). I kept my cool, pretended to finish looking at the rest of the stuff in the counter so as not to offend anyone, then promptly turned around and left.

You didn't bring in a cell phone? DID YOU!

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    I have been there once. Never again, my experience was much the same as everyone else on this thread. I have a friend who used them for a transfer; he said....never again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom