• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    If it is that would be interesting ...

But if you do not want to discuss why you have certain policies or understand why people have such an issue with your range then maybe you need to think about things a bit more .

I have shot there .. I have seen the attitude that has been discussed on this thread . Most gun ranges have thier issues .. You have seen them come up on this forum for about every range out there .

Usually once the ranges policies have been explained or if there is someone who can help with said issues it can make life alot easier .

There is usually a member on this forum that can speak about most of these ranges and yet SF is the only one where someone rarely says hey its a good place you all do nto understand .. Well maybe wayne needs to come on here an explain things ..

I know when OTs range was shut down and people asked where to go we did mention SF as being the closest place to shoot .

There is plenty of buisness around for all these ranges ..

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    The sign at On Target does appear to prohibit off duty LEO's from carrying, at least that's how I've been reading it for the last decade plus. Glad to know I've been misreading it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The sign at On Target does appear to prohibit off duty LEO's from carrying, at least that's how I've been reading it for the last decade plus. Glad to know I've been misreading it.

Me too

Well did anyone ever thing to ask :)

I wasn't going to walk inside an violate what seemed to be a pretty clear policy.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    You would be surprised at how many people never see that sign .. But I have been on this forum since 2008 and nobody asked me ? come on people even I try an use the resources on this place :)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You would be surprised at how many people never see that sign .. But I have been on this forum since 2008 and nobody asked me ? come on people even I try an use the resources on this place :)

I suppose I would have asked if it had bothered me, but I just wrote it off as being company policy. Do you think that perhaps you could tell the owners that he might have a problem with his sign?

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    The sign has been there since the store has been there as far as I know .. I will ask .. thats all i can say ..

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    OK girls, let's settle down a bit.
    It is what it is, and fighting with words is not going to change anything (for the better).
    For the record, I am a member at OT but have only been in SF once, years ago when it first opened. That one time, I was not happy with the way I was treated, even though I was only there looking around. Therefore I left, never went back and have left those two words out of my vocabulary, as a phrase. Done. Over.

cobracutter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2009
    2 Worst ranges I have ever shot, SF and On target. I would put SF above OT. The people at OT were strait up assholes and morons. SF while it is a dump and they can come off abrasive, Ive had no problems there. Pay my money, shoot, leave.

Omeladen in Delware is a public range ran by state workers. It is head and shoulders above both of the ranges mentioned. When state workers are better at running a range then a private business, you have problems.

Clandestine, I wouldnt worry to much about Waynes bitching. If his business will be hurt by negitive word of mouth than it is warranted. If he ran a good shop and didn't talk shit about his competetors and collegaues, I'm sure many here would send their customers to his range to shoot. Think about all the lost business these establishments have beacuse they have no integrity.

All customers want is honesty, integrity , and a fair price. Thats the simple recipe for succsess.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Morons is a strong word ... And when was the lasat time you were there .. and I could say a few choice words about some of the customers I used ot deal with yet I do not .. oh thats right your perfect .. sorry

Last edited:

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Morons is a strong word ... And when was the last time you were there .. and I could say a few choice words about some of the customers I used ot deal with yet I do not .. oh thats right your perfect .. sorry

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I just got it interesting call from scott. wayne called scott and was complaining about how l trash his business. His feelings are hurt, because he claims I don't know what I'm talking about and that my posts hurt his business.

With that said. scott asked if I would talk to me and wayne said no.

I make these posts on my own with no affiliation scott. He tried hard to get me fired.

Wayne claims my propaganda can hurt his govt contracts

Pls. have Wayne fill out the form below and submit to the appropriate people who may or may not give a darn.

Hurt Feelings Report- PDF

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/legalfiles/gates_letter_sept09/attach_1.pdf

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    I actually shot at Select Fire a few weeks ago. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the range, though cold as hell, was fine.

Not disputing anyone else's issues, just giving credit where due.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Pls. have Wayne fill out the form below and submit to the appropriate people who may or may not give a darn.

Hurt Feelings Report- PDF

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/legalfiles/gates_letter_sept09/attach_1.pdf

He tried to get me fired.

When he spoke to Scott today, he claims he has never trashed talked scotts, then on the same phone conversation said the following:

A recent .22 Beltfed upper that was KB'ing rounds. I advised the customer to send it back to the manufacturer before I cut on it which would have voided the warranty. So because I looked out for a customer Im "inexperienced" :lol2: Its not my fault the customer left and took the gun to them and they did something to it and claim it works. I only charged the custmer a fee for ammo, not even a bench fee, so I dont see how Im inexperienced for what I did........

How Miltec is the best, and how Im spreading bad advice because I say Syn Motor is great lube. he claims it dont work and everyone who uses it is a fool...............

How Im not really a gunsmith.........

How he worked on a threaded ruger that had screwed up threads that the customner said Scott worked on, but honestly I think it was a home job. If they had a bad thread job we would have made it right........... and the customer used us to deflect the blame.

Claims he has Federal Contracts and me saying bad things about him will loose him business.............

How he never said anything to my Wife, me or about our work........

Scott said he blew off some more things but I shut down after Scott said so much. Why Scott didnt hang up on him blows my mind, Wayne has repeatedly trashed Scotts, countless customers have reported so.........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wont even go into how many things I have fixed for other shops because I feel people that jump shops for work and complain are dishonest and cant be trusted. If a shop does work for you and theres a problem, give them a chance to remedy it, dont talk bad about them without trying to make it right. If you try to get it supported and they tell you to pound sand then its time to use another shop for Gunsmithing. I wont say anything abd about their work, but when they trash my work to my face its ON.

I be talking to Scott tomorrow, and I will be officially giving my notice for good, so none of my so called "unfounded" comments here can hurt Scott due to Wayne starting trouble.

Wayne wins.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I just got it interesting call from scott. wayne called scott and was complaining about how l trash his business. His feelings are hurt, because he claims I don't know what I'm talking about and that my posts hurt his business.

With that said. scott asked if I would talk to me and wayne said no.

I make these posts on my own with no affiliation scott. He tried hard to get me fired.

Wayne claims my propaganda can hurt his govt contracts

What a yarbleless dickwad this Wayne is. I guess he couldn't find Chad's mommy's number.

:lol2:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    It's been several years since I was in On Target. Tried to buy 2 French rifles that they had on the shelf.

Was a total run around from the 20yr old working there. They required stuff that I have rarely been asked to present (lease form). I had a copy of it by chase, but the kid said he needed a copy of the lease and my orders for EACH rifle and couldn't be bothered to make a copy of it with their fax machine there. Told me to go to the 7-eleven down the street.

That was too much for me. They make up the rules for purchases as they see fit and provided poor support. I bought the one rifle with cash and put the rest of the cash back in my wallet. Kid lost a sale since he couldn't bother himself to make a 1 cent copy. Not good business sense.

When I move back I won't stop in again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom