• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMeade

Oct 6, 2010
    Carney
    Gentlemen,

We will be running a Tactical Rifle Match at the Seitzland Rifle Club on May 5th. The entry fee is $20 of which $10 goes into the prize pool. The match winner gets at least 50% of the prize pool and if we have 16 or more shooters 4 places will be paid. The first stage of the match will consist of an "up country" march around the club house in which you must carry all of the gear you will use for the entire match. Bring a bag to carry your equipment and don't forget to carry your ammo! The match will have 46 record shots. The firing distance for each stage is 200 yards. The match will be 8 stages 3 of which will be moving targets. The range has covered firing points. Sign up will begin at 7:30 am and first round down range will be at 9 am. The physical address of the range is 3938 Bowser Road, New Freedom Pennsylvania 17349. If you have never shot a Tactical rifle match this is a good place to start. Because we can only shoot at 200 yards a 6 power scope is about all you need. A red dot sight will not work well for this match. A rifle with a box type magazine is best for this match. You can use any type of front and rear rest that you can carry.

Pre entry is not required but if you send me an e-mail I will notify you by 8 pm on Friday the 4th of May if we have to cancel the match due to bad weather. The price of gasoline is getting too high to ride around in the rain. Also if you have any questions about the match send me an e-mail. I hope to see you guys at the range

John MeadeJMeade@Comcast.net

JMeade

Oct 6, 2010
    Carney
    Seitzland Tactical Rifle Match

Guys,

We had 13 shooters for the match. It included 8 stages with 46 rounds fired. 3 of the stages were moving targets. The second place shooter just turned 14 in April. I told him the money he won might be enough for a cab ride home as he shot a better score than his dad. Now if I can figure out how to attach the results.........

Attachments

• 5May2012TacticalRifleMatch.xls
      15 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom