• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    OK, I am confused again. Isn’t this a health care facility?

“4–111.
    (a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
    (2) “Area for children and vulnerable individuals” means:
    (i) a preschool or prekindergarten facility or the grounds of
    the facility;
    (ii) a private primary or secondary school or the grounds of the
    school; or
    (iii) a health care facility, as defined in § 15–10B–01(g)(1), (2),
    (3), and (4) of the Insurance Article.”

From MSI:
    “NEW: Enforcement of SB 1 Preliminarily Enjoined In Part: On September 29, 2023, a federal district court enjoined enforcement of (1) that part of SB1 that presumptively banned carry by permit holders in privately owned buildings otherwise open to the public (2) that part of SB1 that flatly banned (except by the owner) firearms in locations licensed to serve alcohol for on-site consumption, and (3) that part of existing State law that banned firearms within 1000 feet of a demonstration.”

So, sign or no sign; you carry, you’re at risk?
    See item #1 " that part of SB1 that presumptively banned carry by permit holders in privately owned buildings otherwise open to the public"

Definition of a healthcare facility per 15-10B-01(g)(1) - (4):

(g) “Health care facility” means:
    (1) a hospital as defined in § 19-301 of the Health - General Article;
    (the above is not this)

(2) a related institution as defined in § 19-301 of the Health - General Article;
    (the above is not this)

(3) an ambulatory surgical facility or center which is any entity or part thereof that operates primarily for the purpose of providing surgical services to patients not requiring hospitalization and seeks reimbursement from third party payors as an ambulatory surgical facility or center;
    (the above is not this, although there may be a section that is this, at which point then the above would apply)

(4) a facility that is organized primarily to help in the rehabilitation of disabled individuals;
    (the above is not this, although there may be a section that is this, at which point then the above would apply)

whiskey3

MDS Supporter
    Jul 27, 2022
    Solomons, MD
    See item #1 " that part of SB1 that presumptively banned carry by permit holders in privately owned buildings otherwise open to the public"

(the above is not this)

(2) a related institution as defined in § 19-301 of the Health - General Article;
    (the above is not this)

(3) an ambulatory surgical facility or center which is any entity or part thereof that operates primarily for the purpose of providing surgical services to patients not requiring hospitalization and seeks reimbursement from third party payors as an ambulatory surgical facility or center;

(4) a facility that is organized primarily to help in the rehabilitation of disabled individuals;
    Thank you, good Sir. I feel better.
    ( I need an app that blinks green or red before I go anywhere)

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    A few years ago, at the Westminster Fallfest (pre scamdemic), the Westminster city police were giving out Jr Police pins, and I got one suckas. So, I is law enforcement now. Respect my authority!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you, good Sir. I feel better.
    ( I need an app that blinks green or red before I go anywhere)
    I would be a rich man if I could come with an App that did that. Of course 90% of the profit would go to MSI.

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    I run an annual fund raiser that benefits the Dove House (LifeBridge) and another charity every year. I went up there a while ago to present a big fat check and saw that sign. Next year I'll only have to deliver 1 check instead of 2, and it won't be to them.
    Good…..we have to stand up for ourselves

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I run an annual fund raiser that benefits the Dove House (LifeBridge) and another charity every year. I went up there a while ago to present a big fat check and saw that sign. Next year I'll only have to deliver 1 check instead of 2, and it won't be to them.
    Write them a letter letting them know.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

(the above is not this)

(the above is not this)

I take my wife to the Advanced Radiology at the Fisher Building a few times a year. I agree, by my reading of the law, Advanced Radiology does not meet the law's definition of a "Health Care Facility."

I would guess that the administrative wonks at Lifebridge Health, with no grasp of the nuances of the law, are just slapping those notices on all of their facilities.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    OK, I am confused again. Isn’t this a health care facility?

“4–111.
    (a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
    (2) “Area for children and vulnerable individuals” means:
    (i) a preschool or prekindergarten facility or the grounds of
    the facility;
    (ii) a private primary or secondary school or the grounds of the
    school; or
    (iii) a health care facility, as defined in § 15–10B–01(g)(1), (2),
    (3), and (4) of the Insurance Article.”

From MSI:
    “NEW: Enforcement of SB 1 Preliminarily Enjoined In Part: On September 29, 2023, a federal district court enjoined enforcement of (1) that part of SB1 that presumptively banned carry by permit holders in privately owned buildings otherwise open to the public (2) that part of SB1 that flatly banned (except by the owner) firearms in locations licensed to serve alcohol for on-site consumption, and (3) that part of existing State law that banned firearms within 1000 feet of a demonstration.”

So, sign or no sign; you carry, you’re at risk?
    It’s a privately owned (presumably) office building whose tenants are mainly medical offices and services, like Advanced Radiology. It is located just yards from the main Carroll Hospital Center. My pea brain puts this one solidly in the “gray area” zone. Like others have pointed out, as long as the injunction is in place I think I’d be relatively comfortable that I (or any legal council I might retain) could successfully argue this isn’t a health care facility by definition.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I take my wife to the Advanced Radiology at the Fisher Building a few times a year. I agree, by my reading of the law, Advanced Radiology does not meet the law's definition of a "Health Care Facility."

I would guess that the administrative wonks at Lifebridge Health, with no grasp of the nuances of the law, are just slapping those notices on all of their facilities.
    Other than the nuclear strength magnets in use.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Other than the nuclear strength magnets in use.

Those are in separate, clearly marked rooms with doors. I've sat in a chair eight feet outside one of those rooms with an S&W M&P in an appendix holster and nothing tried to suck me through the wall.

(And no glory hole jokes, you sickos.)

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Those are in separate, clearly marked rooms with doors. I've sat in a chair eight feet outside one of those rooms with an S&W M&P in an appendix holster and nothing tried to suck me through the wall.

(And no glory hole jokes, you sickos.)
    I guess you didn’t get the sarcasm. But enjoy that hole in the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom