• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Hi,

Ordered one of the Seekins lowers...what should i do with it?

ar pistol?
    6.5 grendel?
    .50beowolf/450 bushmaster/458 socom?

I already have an 16" and 20" Ar in 223 and one in 6.8 spc.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Got one yesterday, I was wondering the exact same thing. Maybe something different than the 2 ARs I already have (6920/6940). Something big might be cool.

MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    Forgive my ignorance and not to thread jack, but does that mean that the only (typical AR) cartridge you can't put on a standard lower is .308? I had thought that blackout and socom needed a special lower...

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Forgive my ignorance and not to thread jack, but does that mean that the only (typical AR) cartridge you can't put on a standard lower is .308? I had thought that blackout and socom needed a special lower...

A 308 is an AR10 .
    300 blackout ammo will fit in the same mag and everything is identical to a 556 AR build except the barrel.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010

300 blackout uses 556 BCG/Mags, just need new barrel, not sure what SOCOM uses.

MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    A 308 is an AR10 .
    300 blackout will fit in the same mag and everything is identical to a AR5.56 except the barrel. Ar15

Awesome - I did not know that. I don't know if I've ever heard any of those other calibers called an ar15. I have heard the .308 called an ar10 though. Thanks for the education!:party29:

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Awesome - I did not know that. I don't know if I've ever heard any of those other calibers called an ar15. I have heard the .308 called an ar10 though. Thanks for the education!:party29:

Matt a AR 15 is the build or model , and the lower will except different calibers but as stated above the barrel would have to be changed.
    As far as an AR10 you are now stepping in size some calibers for that model are 308 , and more .
    And yes you can also purchase a separate upper as high as a 50 bmg but it will be a single shot only .

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I had to look all those up, as I had never heard of them. I like the Grendel from what I read. Got me thinking... :D

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Go big or go home?

ultramag%2022.jpg

http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/index.php/products/shtf-uppers/shtf-50-single-shot-upper-conversion-detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom