• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think DOD personnel have a reasonable case. The CHICOMs can sell the information...or be hacked themselves.

Give me an example of a violent action that would even be remotely plausible that warrants a carry permit to an employee? Some prior examples of kidnapping or violence to a specific hacked individual would be a plus too.

There are "operational" people who are on the ground that could warrant carry, but those personnel all already carrying.

I don't see a cleared hacked Admin assistant being targeted by any country for kidnap. 99% of all these clearances are limited compartmental knowledge anyway.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I don't see a cleared hacked Admin assistant being targeted by any country for kidnap. 99% of all these clearances are limited compartmental knowledge anyway.

You're 100% right. If BGs kidnap a "suit's" AA, they have two problems immediately:

- They have a whiney, spoiled AA to take care of and hear constantly
    - They have a whiney, spoiled SES who is turning the entire Federal investigative capability loose because they can't remember their password.

All things considered, nobody would be that crazy regardless of the prize. All they need do is read the papers to get the info.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Give me an example of a violent action that would even be remotely plausible that warrants a carry permit to an employee? Some prior examples of kidnapping or violence to a specific hacked individual would be a plus too.

There are "operational" people who are on the ground that could warrant carry, but those personnel all already carrying.

I don't see China coming to the USA and kidnapping a cleared citizen (or any citizen) and smuggling them back to China. The risks are absolutely outrageous for little to gain.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Yes sir. It's on the back of the letter.

View attachment 152413

I read yesterday that the federal government is spending $20 million to contact 4 million people. I would've called each one of them myself for five bucks apiece.

In other news it's now being reported that every federal employee has had their Social Security number hacked.
    http://twitchy.com/2015/06/11/hackers-have-reportedly-stolen-social-security-numbers-of-every-single-federal-worker/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

...now we will have to issue everyone new SS numbers. :tinfoil2:

I would only trust 2. Lifelock and the AllClearid they have.

Yep, that's the letter. I have to say I thought it looked like a fake, phishing for more info on a bogus web link, but I followed through and it looks legit.

I agree with Blaster, that those are the only two credit watchdog agencies I'd trust. And I really think the only thing we have to worry about is the hackers selling our info to criminals who use it to fvck with our credit. Fingers crossed.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Larry Pratt (President of Gun Owners of America) spoke at on of my gun clubs last night. He had some encouraging news about Constitutional carry and National reciprocity. I'm surprised he didn't mention this breech.

Good luck to you Minuteman--no sarcasm intended. The more groups of people I see find a reason to carry, the more Maryland will have to explain denying permits to the smaller and smaller numbers of denied but lawful citizens.

Last edited:

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    C-SPAN is airing the hearings today. There is alot of question dodging. None of the files were encrypted and the Director for OPM says they didn't encrypt because it wouldn't stop a hacker any way. Files from 1985 till present were comprimised.

There were two numbers of how many files were breached, 4 million and 14 million. When asked which one the answer was I will answer that in the classified hearing. She also wouldn't answer if any military, CIA, DHS and others were compromised but would answer in the classified hearing.

I didn't follow this and didn't realize how messed up this is. Why is it that noone was fired? If this was a private company people would have been fired. Unbelievable.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    And as of right now, .gov has yet to do anything for fed employees. I send emails to my supervisors on a daily basis asking about this. Still no answer.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Were you affected? What do you want them to do?

I don't know if I'm affected or not. That's the reason I keep asking the insect overlords. I hope that I'm not but, if I am, I'd at least like some free credit-monitoring. Basically my whole issue is that nobody has told me whether or not I could have a problem. So far, I have put a freeze on things and notified my banks and such to call me immediately if something out of the norm comes up.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't know if I'm affected or not. That's the reason I keep asking the insect overlords. I hope that I'm not but, if I am, I'd at least like some free credit-monitoring. Basically my whole issue is that nobody has told me whether or not I could have a problem. So far, I have put a freeze on things and notified my banks and such to call me immediately if something out of the norm comes up.

You would have been notified by yesterday if you were.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Not quite sure about that. I received an email this week ( from my chain of command ) stating that OPM has stopped email notification and are awaiting a more secure means of notification to prevent further identity theft.

Aw geez! Just when I was feeling less stressed. I suppose I'll just have to wait for the pony express now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom