• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    4 million people hacked?
    Out of how many .gov secret agent types?
    I'm just curious if its a little slice or a big chunk.

It's not all or most "secret agent types". There are many admin types in offices, etc... Who have TS and higher. I'm guessing the "most damaging" would be TS holders on average. Not that having a TS is that high up. It seems that a TS lately is the new secret level the way they get handed out.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    It's not all or most "secret agent types". There are many admin types in offices, etc... Who have TS and higher. I'm guessing the "most damaging" would be TS holders on average. Not that having a TS is that high up. It seems that a TS lately is the new secret level the way they get handed out.

Biggest challenge for the anyone who wants to exploit that data is figuring out who is who. Luckily, they have facebook and can probably differentiate the secretaries from your Electrical Engineers.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just for clarification... It originally sounded like it was a general PII hack and if a fed just happened to have a clearance that was divulged as well.

Not true? Just clearance holders' PII was hacked?

Former - 4 million is reasonable. Latter - hard to believe.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Of course.
    The most secret secret agent types are admin types and "engineers." :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Or LinkedIn.
    LinkedIn is arguably a better data source than what they just got, too. Many more specifics about what you worked on, if you put them in there. Combine the two... well, I'm sure the Chinese will enjoy their fancy database.

Ironically, I'd be less worried if Chinese intelligence hacked us than "private Chinese entrepreneurs". Their government probably isn't interested in hitting me with credit card fraud or whatever.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Worst news I've heard all day. I think we all know what goes on the SF86. Holy mother of all that is good. That's most of our lives. smh

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Soooooo, how many would be able to carry into your jobs if Maryland all of the sudden granted permits?
    How many are retired for a long time now and have info that really is no longer pertinent today?

Threads like these that fantasize G&S look like a feeding frenzy of sharks to a chum bucket.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    It's not just the SF86. Those of us who carry TS have to submit financial disclosures every year. Thataway big bro has the most current information to lose track of. Between this and the IRS we're pretty well hosed. The only thing they don't have is my medical records - oh wait, they mandated that already didn't they?

What a F'n joke!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Soooooo, how many would be able to carry into your jobs if Maryland all of the sudden granted permits?
    How many are retired for a long time now and have info that really is no longer pertinent today?

Threads like these that fantasize G&S look like a feeding frenzy of sharks to a chum bucket.

Do you guys really believe that HOIS are going to come all the way over here to make an attempt on your life because you're cleared? SERIOUSLY? Y'all are legends in your own minds. Get real.

Professionally speaking, I'd be more concerned about identity theft and forget all the "spy vs spy" stuff. You're not OCONUS, so chill. And read your credit card statements. Setting some alerts on your credit card accounts also would be a really wise move.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do you guys really believe that HOIS are going to come all the way over here to make an attempt on your life because you're cleared? SERIOUSLY? Y'all are legends in your own minds. Get real.

Girl in bar: " What do you do for a living?"
    Guy in bar: " I may be 1 of 4 million people with a clearance who just got hacked by the chinese"
    Girl in bar: " Oh that's very exciting, you're sexy. Let's bang."
    Guy in bar: " Check please".

:D

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't do a financial disclosure every year.

You "usually" (obviously exceptions) only have to do the OGE form (financial disclosure) if you have first hand knowledge of things related to government contracts or work directly with contractors etc. This is so the .gov can figure out if you are exploiting your intel. i.e. I know that a certain contractor let's say "General Dynamics" is about to be awarded a huge contract >$1B. Well maybe I decide to buy a crap load of that stock before it is announced then sell it immediately after netting me a nice pay day. Or vice versa if you own stock in a company doing .gov business and MYSTERIOUSLY DUMP IT FOR NO REASON just a couple days before they lose a contract. Not that I know anything about these things :innocent0

Blaster229 from what I gather by most of your posts you seem like an on the ground 'tactical type'. Might not be much reason for you to do this.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    And read your credit card statements. Setting some alerts on your credit card accounts also would be a really wise move.

I have a capital one app (capital one wallet). It sends a notification immediately to my phone every time I make a charge or make a payment. Very nice little tool. I recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom