• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I'd want to see the full proposal, but that is something I could get onboard with...I need a bigger safe anyway.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I'd want to see the full proposal, but that is something I could get onboard with...I need a bigger safe anyway.

That's my view as well, but if it is a tax deduction to buy a safe and isn't allowed to be tracked, I could get behind this, assuming no amendments.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I am not a fan of tax deductions. The tax system needs to be overhauled. We need to go with either a flat tax or a consumption (sales) tax.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    what will they want in exchange ?

they only tell ya what you want to hear then screw ya

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    That's my view as well, but if it is a tax deduction to buy a safe and isn't allowed to be tracked, I could get behind this, assuming no amendments.

You have to put the deduction on your form, with your social,mailing address, etc and it gets inputted into a computer. No tracking needed once entered its tracked.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Just how do you propose to file a tax return claiming a deduction and not have it tracked?

Or audited to prove you did in fact buy the safe?
    Get back to me I you come up with anything.. ...

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Just how do you propose to file a tax return claiming a deduction and not have it tracked?

Or audited to prove you did in fact buy the safe?
    Get back to me I you come up with anything.. ...

Not everyone buys a gun safe because they have guns. I have family who bought a safe for jewelry and silver flatware. Reality is, if they want to track you that bad, they are already doing through this forum.... Low hanging fruit and I don't think this is it.

Think of the solar deductions. They are not driving by every house to verify it was installed. They don't have the manpower.

Just playing devil's advocate.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Not everyone buys a gun safe because they have guns. I have family who bought a safe for jewelry and silver flatware. Reality is, if they want to track you that bad, they are already doing through this forum.... Low hanging fruit and I don't think this is it.

Think of the solar deductions. They are not driving by every house to verify it was installed. They don't have the manpower.

Just playing devil's advocate.

They will just assume which is fine also. It will be just one more tick against you either way, they know you are a gunowner you do not take the bait, you get a tick for possibly being "unsafe", you are not a gunowner you buy a gun safe but own no guns you get tick because you MIGHT own illegal guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom