• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I just received a phone call from them requesting help to fight this UN treaty bull shit. Also please add SAF as your charity of choice on amazon smile. Thanks everyone,Just passing the message along.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I just received a phone call from them requesting help to fight this UN treaty bull shit. Also please add SAF as your charity of choice on amazon smile. Thanks everyone,Just passing the message along.

I wish these groups would stop playing up the UN treaty in order to get donations.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have to give up on SAF I think. I didn't mind giving to them during Woollard and beyond, but the constant conspiracy theory mailings are a little over the top.

MudPuppy

Jul 20, 2012
    I have to give up on SAF I think. I didn't mind giving to them during Woollard and beyond, but the constant conspiracy theory mailings are a little over the top.

The NRA does this as well, I just tune it out. I like that we have active 2A advocates and am willing to put up with some nuttiness as a result.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Yep that will teach them.. and us...

Why not call and express your opinion...

Without assuming ill intent.

We are going to run out of money - then what?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yep that will teach them.. and us...

Why not call and express your opinion...

Without assuming ill intent.

We are going to run out of money - then what?

I'm expressing my opinion with my wallet. Can't think of anything more American than that. ;)

I don't agree with all the money WASTED on ridiculous mailers constantly asking for more money (read: typical old school right wing scare tactics).

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    My local volunteer fire department used to stop by once a year seeking a donation. My wife and I gladly donated in the 3 digit range. Now I have caught them driving into my neighborhood, only 50 houses on two courts, parking in my driveway, walking up to my door and asking for a donation. Then the guy gets back in the truck and drives out of my neighborhood. The last time he showed up at my door I told him that I would write him a check if he went up to each door in the neighborhood and asked for a donation from them before coming back to me and getting a donation. He drove out of the neighborhood and hasn't come back to my door.

I don't mind donating but, I don't want to become an ATM.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well, when you shop Amazon, at least go through the SAF website link, http://www.saf.org/ for an automatic donation, with no solicitation.

I'm solicited by plenty of nonprofits who are much more "in your face" than SAF. Especially given the wonderful economy we've been enjoying for the past 5 years.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I'm expressing my opinion with my wallet. Can't think of anything more American than that. ;)

I don't agree with all the money WASTED on ridiculous mailers constantly asking for more money (read: typical old school right wing scare tactics).

They most likely do not pay for the mailings. 3rd party does the work and fwds the funds minus costs.. best way to end it -- send funds directly and explain why.

I will talk to them about this at the next grpc. But it'd foolish to hurt the cause over this....

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    i have repeatedly asked saf about sb 281 and what they would do about it before donating and they never returned an answer or phone call... it seems that SAF and NRA both need the scare tactics and things ;ike gun control to stay in the business... I will donate membership amounts but I am having a really hard time seeing the impact they are making lately... I agree with cases like wollard i see the need but sometimes i think they are disconected.. and as far as local FD donations if you live in hoco moco aaco or other largely populated areas there is a good chance that your local FD is funded from tax money and the volunteers use their donations for chief cars to run to wallmart with tax payer gas...
    just saying be careful where you donate your money especially in times like these where every penny counts...
    save the bay came knocking on my door i said talk to O malley he taxed the rain to save the bay so i stopped donating, it comes out of my taxes...
    sad that this is the case with what was a good idea to fight for gun rights and now it seems like a ploy to gain money with what result for us the little people....
    everyone creates a crisis.... we are our own worst enemy...

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Well, when you shop Amazon, at least go through the SAF website link, http://www.saf.org/ for an automatic donation, with no solicitation.

I'm solicited by plenty of nonprofits who are much more "in your face" than SAF. Especially given the wonderful economy we've been enjoying for the past 5 years.

I do this all the time. Your browser must show ...smile.amazon.com... or something like that. Once the order is placed without the "smile" prefix, it can't be changed. You can cancel and resubmit, but you can't designate an existing order for a charity.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    i have repeatedly asked saf about sb 281 and what they would do about it before donating and they never returned an answer or phone call... it seems that SAF and NRA both need the scare tactics and things ;ike gun control to stay in the business... I will donate membership amounts but I am having a really hard time seeing the impact they are making lately... I agree with cases like wollard i see the need but sometimes i think they are disconected.. and as far as local FD donations if you live in hoco moco aaco or other largely populated areas there is a good chance that your local FD is funded from tax money and the volunteers use their donations for chief cars to run to wallmart with tax payer gas...
    just saying be careful where you donate your money especially in times like these where every penny counts...
    save the bay came knocking on my door i said talk to O malley he taxed the rain to save the bay so i stopped donating, it comes out of my taxes...
    sad that this is the case with what was a good idea to fight for gun rights and now it seems like a ploy to gain money with what result for us the little people....
    everyone creates a crisis.... we are our own worst enemy...

OK we will manage...

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    This was not to be a debate on if you should or should not donate or what SAF does wrong or whatever you believe. Like it or not SAF,NRA and MSI get nowhere without donations. If every time SAF,NRA or MSI asked for donations everyone had a ****ing fit about we would not have semi auto anything in Maryland.

Last edited:

Recoil45

Jul 29, 2011
    NY

They are smarter than that. The are doing it because it works and brings them in money. They then use that money to fight for our rights.

What you call WASTED, is an investment.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013

Strange, I became a lifetime member for SAF this year and I never get emails from them. Granted, my membership card has the wrong name on it so maybe I got lost in the system…Maybe I should email them about fixing that card…

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I do this all the time. Your browser must show ...smile.amazon.com... or something like that. Once the order is placed without the "smile" prefix, it can't be changed. You can cancel and resubmit, but you can't designate an existing order for a charity.

Hmmm...when I access Amazon through the link on SAF's website, the address doesn't have "smile" anywhere in it. Does this mean no donation?

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Hmmm...when I access Amazon through the link on SAF's website, the address doesn't have "smile" anywhere in it. Does this mean no donation?

DNK, but at the top of my screen it says:

Amazon Smile Prime Supporting: Second Amendment Foundation

Last edited:

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013

There are two ways of doing it. See my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom