• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Felons should only be felons while incarcerated or while fulfilling their probation, then they go back to being regular people that fvcked up, then were rehabilitated, and can join the functioning sector of society again. Once they are free, they should be able to bear arms just as the Constitution enumerates.

Just remember, you've probably committed a felony at some point in your life. You probably didn't even know it. All it takes is for you to get called out on it one time and then you become unemployable and can't own firearms anymore. Hell, even the misdemeanor "Telephone Misuse" charge in Maryland would result in your being banned from possessing firearms if convicted.

Problem is our justice system would need a complete overhaul if your system were to work. There is little if any rehabilitation with violent felons. I understand what you mean and it would work for the felonies that are less insidious. IE financial, white collar, tax and such. But a career criminal or a violent/sexual felon with a long rap sheep likely won't be rehabilitated. Prison doesn't just magically turn these people into angels again. "served your time" is all well and good if it makes a difference. But a track record with violent felons is NOT good upon release. I understand your point, and I think it has merits. But as it stands it would not be feasible. But hey, if they are determined to get a gun, they will somehow right?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    2A and 1A Intrinsically Linked

I ran across this while searching for videos of Charlton Heston speaking on 2A.

Charlton Heston's National Press Club Speech

Considering present day debate regarding 1A, this has even more meaning now and is ironic since he delivered this on September 11, 1997. It inspired the design of the exit hallway at the NRA Museum called "Freedom's Doorway"

That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom.

Please, go forth and tell the truth. There can be no free speech, no freedom of the press, no freedom to protest, no freedom to worship your god, no freedom to speak your mind, no freedom from fear, no freedom for your children and for theirs, for anybody, anywhere, without the Second Amendment freedom to fight for it.

If you don't believe me, just turn on the news tonight. Civilization's veneer is wearing thinner all the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom