• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

The mid-century modern Sea Esta Motel in Dewey Beach may be demolished to make way for three residential homes, if the potential new owners receive a sought-after parcel rezoning.

Commissioners are set to discuss the application at their Friday, Jan. 19 meeting, and may possibly refer the application to the planning commission regarding rezoning the property at 24 Houston St. from Resort Business-2 to Resort Residential and amending the comprehensive map accordingly.

While I usually have a soft spot for true Mid-century Modern masterpieces such that exist in Wildwood, NJ, the Sea Esta has been considered a cheap, cinder block pile of crap, AFAIK, since the day it opened! :lol2:

I seem to remember being driven there in the 60s and seeing an orange dayglow sign on the roof that proclaimed "Sea Esta Motel" but I have never seen an old photo or post card to back that up.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Sea Esta II soldiers on in Longneck

maxresdefault-706750102.jpg

Fine Accommodations while enjoying the Indian River Redneck Riviera

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My wife and I plus one of her friends , we did stay their once... We were on the 2nd floor and for the time we went and the price we paid, ya it was a little hole in the wall, but hey the beds were ok, the a/c worked very well, and after we left we decided we would never stay their again.If you are looking for a cheap place to say for 12hrs or less its ok..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom