White Marsh, MD
    McConnell:

CbIYaMiW4AIU4ZB.jpg

Lets hope he sticks to his guns. Reid will be trolling him shortly

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Lindsey Graham is on now, bragging how deferential he is about appointments. He voted for Sotomeyer and Kagen. He's the one who said "Elections have consequences" re appointment of judges.

Leftist Leahy statement says the Senate should act quickly on President's nominee.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    With the whole Clinton thing going on, I sure hope they do investigate his death. Probably natural causes, but with the Clintons involved, you cannot be too careful.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I understand how people can suddenly pass away, but no major outward heal issues, no investigation from the US Marshalls and the worst possible timing. I'll keep my tinfoil handy...

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sad to hear, but those saying 2A is dead and we are screwed are overreacting. We as a people are not screwed as long as what we say we believe, we prove we believe. It is the time to be the most vocal without being obnoxious, it is the time to publicly ask what does this mean to 2A. It is time to share the concerns and facts with those on the fence so the government can feel 300 million pair of eyes on them. Let us start planting the seed with those who may lean toward gun control but not confiscation that a left leaning SC in this political environment could possibly dismantle the Constitution.

With Roberts leading the court it was 5-4 liberal , it can now be 6-3 the courts wont abide by the Constitution this is very bad . Even without a nominee its 5-3 nothing will stop Roberts from siding with his friends

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The Dems smell blood in the water ...

Lets hope he sticks to his guns. Reid will be trolling him shortly

Mitch McConnell rules out replacing Antonin Scalia until new president is elected

Democrats said that with 11 months left in Mr. Obama’s tenure, the Senate has enough time — and indeed an obligation — to confirm a replacement.

“The Supreme Court of the United States is too important to our democracy for it to be understaffed for partisan reasons,” said Sen. Patrick Leahy, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is charged with overseeing court nominations. “It is only February. The president and the Senate should get to work without delay to nominate, consider and confirm the next justice to serve on the Supreme Court.”

And McConnell has feet of clay ...

Attachments

• McConnell Scalia.jpg
      McConnell Scalia.jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 279

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Ya know what - you guys (and the people on the hill, the POS potus, the media, and most citizens for that matter) are just BACKWARDS!

WE NEED TO GROW A PAIR because contrary to popular belief, the US Constitution is the law of the land and it's damned time the people started to uphold it! The Supreme Court is only a mechanism of the government but NOT meant to be above the Constitution!

AHHH! DON'T PISS ME OFF WITH MESSING WITH THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ya know what - you guys (and the people on the hill, the POS potus, the media, and most citizens for that matter) are just BACKWARDS!

WE NEED TO GROW A PAIR because contrary to popular belief, the US Constitution is the law of the land and it's damned time the people started to uphold it! The Supreme Court is only a mechanism of the government but NOT meant to be above the Constitution!

AHHH! DON'T PISS ME OFF WITH MESSING WITH THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

Remember those 5/4 Heller and McDonald decisions supporting the 2nd Amendment ? Get ready to defend them …

LITERALLY

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I just woke up from a nap and saw on the news that he had passed. I have never felt a chill go up my spine like this. More than anything I've seen lately, this scares the crap out of me as it regards the possible direction of our country. Even if Sanders were to be elected, a fair and balanced Supreme Court might have reigned in the shenanigans. If the current POTUS appoints another one of his looney liberals, there is no chance that our Constitution will survive, much less our country. God help us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom