Attachments

• jpx.jpg
      jpx.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 259

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A class is definitely worth it, went to one held by Sabre, both awesome and suck, the inert cans help learn the spray pattern, and technique. Taking spray is optional, and at my class they had goggles to keep the stream directly out of your eyes, although the mist and fumes still suck horribly. Pretty good chance you can get contaminated too, or blowback, hence the importance of knowing first hand how to deal with it, or in my case cry like a girl;). One important note I nearly found out the hard way, Their red cans are live(marked obviously), the inert practice cans are WHITE, NOT BLUE, nearly had a tex-mex accident with a blue "H2O" marked can on display, it's water based OC for tazer compatibility, not actual inert water. When I can't carry my pistol, I have a Sabre MK3 stream can in a Blackhawk mag pouch at 4:00. Also a fan of the spitfire, works well at contact distance, wide cone spray, small and conceals easily. Not a fan of the Kimber blaster, only 2 shots that lack the volume or continuous stream a much much cheaper can has, pricey, and can be mistaken for a firearm in some cases, that JPX monstrosity takes all the problems associated with it and multiplies them.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    A class is definitely worth it, went to one held by Sabre, both awesome and suck, the inert cans help learn the spray pattern, and technique. Taking spray is optional, and at my class they had goggles to keep the stream directly out of your eyes, although the mist and fumes still suck horribly. Pretty good chance you can get contaminated too, or blowback, hence the importance of knowing first hand how to deal with it, or in my case cry like a girl;). One important note I nearly found out the hard way, Their red cans are live(marked obviously), the inert practice cans are WHITE, NOT BLUE, nearly had a tex-mex accident with a blue "H2O" marked can on display, it's water based OC for tazer compatibility, not actual inert water. When I can't carry my pistol, I have a Sabre MK3 stream can in a Blackhawk mag pouch at 4:00. Also a fan of the spitfire, works well at contact distance, wide cone spray, small and conceals easily. Not a fan of the Kimber blaster, only 2 shots that lack the volume or continuous stream a much much cheaper can has, pricey, and can be mistaken for a firearm in some cases, that JPX monstrosity takes all the problems associated with it and multiplies them.

:lol: Except there is almost no chance of cross contamination. And if I had to draw it one someone I am perfectly okay with it being mistaken for a gun. Cans of pepper spray have numerous issues as well. I would take the Kimber Pepper Blaster or the JPX over a canned product any day. I own both. To each his own. :thumbsup:

Full disclosure I was a Corrections Officer and I have used Pepper Spray on numerous criminals in various forms including foam. I have found based on real human experience that spray cans have many more downsides than the JPX.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    :lol: Except there is almost no chance of cross contamination. And if I had to draw it one someone I am perfectly okay with it being mistaken for a gun. Cans of pepper spray have numerous issues as well. I would take the Kimber Pepper Blaster or the JPX over a canned product any day. I own both. To each his own. :thumbsup:

Full disclosure I was a Corrections Officer and I have used Pepper Spray on numerous criminals in various forms including foam. I have found based on real human experience that spray cans have many more downsides than the JPX.

Indeed to each their own, although there is also that small issue where it costs
    320 F-ing dollars:shocked2:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Indeed to each their own, although there is also that small issue where it costs
    320 F-ing dollars:shocked2:

Exactly. Like I said it is a good alternative to a gun if you live in MD. It is not the best alternative to a $10 can of pepper spray. If money is an issue get the saber for sure.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    So is Sabre the new standard? Years ago the "best" spray was Fox Labs. What is the current state of the industry??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    So is Sabre the new standard? Years ago the "best" spray was Fox Labs. What is the current state of the industry??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabre, especially the Sabre Red is the best stuff on the market. Fox Labs was never even close. I first used Def Tec in LE, but Sabre's stuff flat out kicks ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom