• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    I have a Ruger 10/22 with heavy barrel and the scope that is on it is less than desirable. Gun cleaner got on it and it is sticky like the cleaner ate into it. Not the best optics. Going to change it. What scope would you buy given a $200 budget and why?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ill second the Nikon Prostaff rimfire. Have the fixed 4x myself, absolutely great scope for the money.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nikon Prostaff Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm BDC 150 Reticle.

Nice scope for the money. Clear optics good eye relief. I picked one up this year for $110 free shipping. Amazon has it now for $114. Three ground hogs and 20 squirrels have been dispatched. One miss on a squirrel, not the scopes fault.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-ProStaf...1315&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+rimfire+3-9x40+bdc

Ill second the Nikon Prostaff rimfire. Have the fixed 4x myself, absolutely great scope for the money.

Third. The Nikon Prostaff Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm BDC 150 Reticle is that exact same scope that I ordered for a Ruger Target Tactical, and also paid less than $120.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Ehhh. I refuse to use any optic from utg or leapers. They specialize in airsoft stuff and i can't trust it for a real firearm, even a 22. I like the leupold VX1 2-7x28mm. It's slim and lightweight but still fantastic glass. It's $30 above your $200 budget, but you will NEVER have to replace it. Plus it has a lifetime warranty. Comes in gloss or matte black. I use one on my S&W MP15-22 and I sometimes swap it over to my 10/22 TD. Works GREAT.

Photo of it on my 15-22 to show size:

0KgquVq.jpg

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I recommend the Nikon Pro Staff Rimfire. It is the best optic for the money in my opinion. You will not find another scope with zero stops and DC reticle in your price range.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I like the low end Bushnells...a lot of scope for the money. Plenty to choose from out there and a great used scope, maybe higher end, will come into play if you search and are patient. Take a look on GunBroker.com.

Lew--Ranger63

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I like the low end Bushnells...a lot of scope for the money.

I am about the same here. I have them on 22, 22mag and 30-06 and in the terrain around here I would never be shooting over 150 yards normally. I doubt I have ever shot a deer much over 75 yards as I did not setup for long shots. I personally have not been able to see the value in the high dollar scopes around here. If I lived out west, I might sing a different song. Now I am going to try one of lower end scopes on my AR and see how it does at 200 to 300 yards just to see.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    How about a higher end Bushnell (as per PM I sent)? :) Elite 3200 4-12x40 AO.
    I don't fool around w/ rimfire scopes. Nice to be able to put it on something else someday.

Attachments

• IMAG1078_1022T.jpg
      IMAG1078_1022T.jpg
      24.2 KB · Views: 315

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads