• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I want a better quality scope for my 22. It's a 10/20 with a bull barrel with an cheap BSA sweet22 . What do ya'll think of a Nikon P- RIMFIRE 2-7x32 Nikoplex Rifle Scope ? Willing to spend under $200.00 and found one on amazon.
    Just want to have fun at the range. Or rather more fun. I know it's a nikon and I have been happy with my others , but do you have any suggestions for simular scopes ? Under $200.00 ?

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-RIMFIR...1632&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=nikon+22+cal+scope

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I would have to check but off the top of my head I wanna say I put a Nikon rimfire scope 4x fixed on my wife's 10-22 and I have no complaints. I've shot it more than she has but it was a mother's day gift to her some years back.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a Vortex Crossfire II on my 10/22. Clean glass, and one of the best warranties out there.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I'm running a Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9X40. It has a very fine reticle, which I find very useful. I'm sooting at a target less than the size of a dime at 100 yds. This reticle doesn't cover up too much of the target. Just be aware that the elevation and windage adjustments are 1/4" @ 50 yds.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Also check Slickguns.com there are several on there now. I just picked up a Vortex Diamondback with AO 4-9 40 for 119.00 from Cabelas (not on sale anymore) but lots to choose from. Im going to put the Diamondback on my 22wmr and put the crossfire on my Marlin 60.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I just stuck a UTG "Bug Buster" on my new Takedown Target, and I'm quite happy with it:

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-3-9X32-BugBuster-Scope-Mil-dot/dp/B005UGIMNQ

$85 from Amazon, and it comes with fairly nice QD rings as well. Only caveat is that it won't mount properly on the standard Ruger rail, so you have to order an aftermarket rail that's actual Picatinny spec. I used an aluminum UTG one that was like $10 and it's fine. The scope itself is really nice - red or green illuminated mildot reitcle. Locking and zero-resettable turrets with 1/4 MOA clicks, 3x-9x zoom, adjustable parallax. It also comes with spring loaded end caps and a front sun shade. It's not the finest glass in the world, but I think it holds up to a lot of stuff that are twice the price, easily.

UTG-3-9x32-Compact-CQB-Bug-Buster-AO-RGB-Scope-1.jpg

I've only used mine on a couple of range trips so far, but I am really liking it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Personally, I don't do rimfire scopes. I just use, like many here are doing, a standard rifle scope.

That said, the sky is the limit, from mild to wild.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have a Sweet 17 on my Marlin 917 and that convinced me to put a Sweet 22 on my 10/22. Are you experiencing issues with yours? I haven't had any problems but I'd like to stay ahead of any potential ones.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The BSA Sweet 22 is one of the most recommended scopes for .22's for less than $500. Unless you are going way up in quality, its the bee's knees.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    Leupold Vx-1 is a great Duplex rifle scope if you're looking for something with clear glass and a simple reticle. They come in 30mm and 1 inch tubes i believe. I bought one for my AR, and it's now living on my 308.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Check slick guns. They have been having crazy deals on scopes. I got a 4-12 Vortex Diamondback, Dead Hold, BDC, AO for $119.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom