• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I too prefer not to own ex-Nazi firearms. Loathsome SOBs that they were, their artifacts have only repugnance for me.

You're not alone. No doubt more than a few of us here had direct and extended forebears perish in concentration camps.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    You're not alone. No doubt more than a few of us here had direct and extended forebears perish in concentration camps.

as do I, which is why I and my family collect polish firearms from this period. do some research. spend 15 minutes talking to my dad about his experiences and you will be crying in your beer like a 4 year old girl.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    MAG98, P83, P64.. All great guns....

MAG 98 is is excellent range toy. Very accurate.

I will second the MAG 98. I really like mine. It is accurate, easy to shoot and, while not a C&R, is collectible. Price, if you can find one, is reasonable falling around $295 to about $350 depending on where you can find one.
    It's kind of like a cross between an M9 Beretta and a Sig P226 leaning more to the Sig.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I too prefer not to own ex-Nazi firearms. Loathsome SOBs that they were, their artifacts have only repugnance for me.

Sorry if others disagree with me; buy whatever you want. But permit me to mourn the world's losses in my own fashion.

mourn away, just do it evenly. you are in a C&R forum here. every firearm that is C&R was used to kill, some have killed more than a few people.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    mourn away, just do it evenly. you are in a C&R forum here. every firearm that is C&R was used to kill, some have killed more than a few people.

It's not the fact that the weapons were used to kill people, it's the truly vile nature of the Nazi regime, the sick sadism that was the norm, the grinding bureaucratic terrorism.

Stalin was a mass murderer, but he killed most anyone. I can support that sort of insane brutality a lot more easily.

Anyway, I'll mourn and make my moral choices any way I see fit. I don't require advice on the topic, if you'll forgive me for saying so.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Yes. Just saw that too. Sent the guy a message.

Looks like that's what she'll be getting. And I didn't even have to talk her into this one!

(God I love my wife!)

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Oh and don't forget the PPS-43C.....yes it's a handgun!

Ordered one of those from SOG last week. Still trying to get them to ship it. In addition to the copy of the FFL, they want a phone call from your FFL verbally confirming them to ship it and referencing your name and order #. Doing this email was no good. My FFL called but never got a live person so they left a message. Hope THAT was enough. If not, Im cancelling the order and getting one from Classic.

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    I will second the MAG 98. I really like mine. It is accurate, easy to shoot and, while not a C&R, is collectible. Price, if you can find one, is reasonable falling around $295 to about $350 depending on where you can find one.
    It's kind of like a cross between an M9 Beretta and a Sig P226 leaning more to the Sig.

FINALLY picked mine up on Friday after a 124 day wait. LOVE it so far. Can't wait to get it to the range.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Oh and don't forget the PPS-43C.

Ordered one of those from SOG last week.

Careful. They are NEW so will need a 7.62 bore lock (w/ a 9"+ long key which I don't even know if its avail?) *AND* get a spent shell casing made. Remember its a pistol. VERY few FFLs are still doing shell casings before Oct. Not to mention it all adds lots of $$$ to the cost (at least $100 for everything.) I specifically hunted out a used one on GB about a month ago to avoid those problems. Got it and 200rds of ammo for less than new. Ammo shipped w/ the 35rd mags to a friend in VA (since neither can ship w/ the gun to your MD FFL.)

Now that I've shot it once, it REALLY needs to be SBR'ed (which was my orig plan anyway.) It does get the 'what is THAT' questions at the range;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom